Sons of Anarchy

Vanguardian

• Members

I thought Gemma played her hand perfectly. She revealed it at the perfect time to save her son and bring her family back together. I like that the show hasn't made Clay a typical monster that needs to be overcome. Like the other characters he has good and bad in him and he does seem to love Jax on some level. I also liked that Jax and Opie took their share of the responsibility in making Clay into the leader that he is.

I'm glad that Jax and Clay were level headed when he decided to get revenge. I was a little surprised because I really thought Clay would go off and get himself killed when he heard what happened to Gemma.

On the other hand it's sad, that this has pulled Jax further into the violence. When Jax was going to "go rogue" I had a hard time understanding why he wouldn't just grab Able and Tara and move to some small town in Maine or South Dakota or anywhere they might be safe and away from the whole mess. But it's clear that at this point he just can't break away from the only life he knows.

At the same time it almost seems sad that outside forces are coming in and slowly pushing Samcrow out of Charming. I think it's a sort of David and Goliath thing. SamCrow is bad in some ways, but it's a local unique way of life. Corporations come in and homogenize things, that seems distasteful to me for some reason. I guess I'm conflicted because I do want Able to have a different kind of life.

Tara surprised me too. She's letting the power go to her head. Part of me was glad to see the smug look wiped off that admin lady's face, I completely admit that. She was treating Tara unfairly and doing the whole guilt by association thing, so part of me felt like she deserved it. At the same time, I think Samcrow is pulling Tara in, instead of Tara pulling Jax and Able out and that's too bad. At the same time, we need 7 seasons of material (I hope) so we can't have Jax leaving any time soon.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With the rape reveal I loved how no one but Gemma said anything, Clay looked utterly devestated. I have hated his guts so much at some point or other, but as with all these characters, I come back to loving them. Same with Opie, at the beginning of the season I wanted to smack him, but Ryan Hurst has really come into his own as Opie, the scene he shared with Tara when he said he was all alone, broke my heart, and when he said to Stahl ''the outlaw had mercy'' 2 really great scenes for him.

Jax & Clay finally did the plotting & planning that was my biggest gripe, SoA isn't that stupid but they came off as inept when dealing with Zobelle, Zobelle was clearly 5 steps ahead almost all season.

Jax will never break away from the club and as much as he loves Abel, he's been willing to die for his cut, when he had that standoff with Alvarez and Alvarez had the gun on him, Jax said pull the trigger it's the only way this leather is coming off, I thought what!!!! think of Abel & Tara. Same thing this week, he said to AJ that one of them was going home in a bodybag.

I really cringed at what Tara did, it just screamed OOC. Still if it was a one time thing I can look past it, but Tara isn't Gemma and I don't want her to become Gemma, having her be a little tougher is fine but if she starts wielding skateboards.......... :o

Can't believe next week is the season ender, the previews are insane, I wonder who is holding the gun on Tara ??

• Members

Yeah,I noticed that too. He did the same thing when he turned his back to Clay and told him to go ahead. I'm sure he felt confident that Clay wouldn't pull the trigger, but still. At this point Jax has no right to act like his life is dispensable.

I'd like to know more about Tara's history as a teenager. How she and Jax got together the first time around and what happened with them. She has a SON tat on her back right? I'm wondering if she had a criminal history as a teen or what the deal is there. What made her decide to leave Charming?

I'm definitely excited about season 3. It would be just my luck to get into a show only to have it end. Keith Sutter says this is just the beginning though, so I hope he gets several seasons to tell the story he wants to tell.

• Members

Yeah Tara has the crow on her lower back. She got arrested 3 times with Jax, we saw Kohn looking at her arrest record, but Sutter has said that he doesn't like flashbacks. I think Tara was pretty engrained with the Teller's, I even suspect Gemma was a sort of surrogate mother to her since Tara's mother died when she was 9. I've always thought part of the reason Gemma hated her so much was not only because Tara left Jax but left Gemma as well.

Sutter did a couple of really good interviews after the finale, he talks a little bit about Season 3. One thing is for sure, the ending of episode 13 hit me hard, Jax screaming on that dock :o

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2009/12/sons_of_anarchy_creator_kurt_s.html

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sons-Anarchy-Kurt-Sutter-1012695.aspx

• Members

Yes, watching Able get kidnapped was horrible. That baby seems like a jolly little fellow though. At one point it looked like he was smiling. :lol: But anyway, I think they really did a good job of showing how helpless Jax was to stop it. Here is someone who has a lot of power within his group, but he has to stand by and watch while his son is taken god knows where by a terrorist. I was just relieved that it looks like the Irish guy was going to take him and raise him as a replacement son. I was worried for a second that Able was going to be thrown overboard, but I think that would have been too dark, even for this show.

I can't wait to see how Gemma gets out of her mess. I read Sutter's interview where he said Gemma is even more dangerous now because she thinks God is on her side. Her reaction to Abel's kidnapping should be good, since she was part of the chain of events that led up to it, along with Agent Stahl (sp?). I love the way this show weaves these events together and shows how one act of violence leads to another. It did make me sad when Jax killed Zobelle's lacky.

The guy had it coming, but that seemed like the exact moment in time where Jax's fate was sealed.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anybody watching?

Episode 2 was awesome! I busted out laughing so hard when Chuck came out talking about his hands and the guard is insisting he put some pants on.

Tig (wearing a silky floral short robe) & the Guatemalan nurse was a somewhat surprise but I did understand what my BFF was saying with why she'd do it there when Nate's always up and wandering the house - no clue.

Jax continuing to try and push Tara away is gonna suck but I'm glad my girl Kristen Renton is coming back!

FYI: Stephen King makes his cameo next week in ep. 3!

Archived