ATWT - Suprising Sex Twist

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Umm....EXCUSE ME??? I don't know what I take more offense to...the fact you labeled one board's fans "psycho"

or you dismissing a fan base because they are "psycho enough" in your opinion to count. ATWT fans are in general more low-key than ABC or DOOL fans, IMO, but that doesn't mean they don't care as passionately about their favorities.

Carjack fans show up when it counts...and that's usually the ratings. Their aborted wedding was one of the ten most watched episodes the show had all year (I believe it was number 4, and coughbetter than anything the Nuke fans have mustered up, for examplecough.) And this February, pretty much highlighting them which was better than the 1.8 that they've dipped to since Carjack's last breakup.

I just find it incredibly foolhardy, considering the massive unease generated by some controversial firings (Byrne, Bryce) and heavy-weight exits this year (McCouch, Landon, Soffer, McClain), that TIIC would be so controversial. They didn't need to add Carly to the mix to officially end Lilden. They've been on fumes since Rose appeared. It's not even that they want to toy with Holden moving on, it's HOW they're doing it.

I don't even blame JH for wanting a juicy story that revolves around him as a man, not as a father. But too many characters are already running around like PODS. That's what's driving down the ratings.

^^^Yeah...well, no doubt once Carly sleeps with Holden, we'll get good Jack/Carly scenes, just to drive the knife in a little deeper.

• Members

There are still a ton of CarJackers out there and they have been leaving in the last few weeks which I think is part of the reason the ratings are dropping. It isn't just "psycho" fans :rolleyes: Lily and Holden still had a ton of fans before Martha left but some of them left with her. And yes if you really look at last year's ratings, Carly and Jack had a bigger impact on the ratings than Nuke did as far as the most watched shows. So I do think this is suicide for the show. And Holden is just too boring of a character to pair up with Carly and to be so front and center in the show.

How can this not be a couple based show when if you aren't part of a couple you don't get a story???

And Jack cheated on Katie when he slept with Carly. That was nothing compared to what Holden is about to do especially after having sex with Lily this week.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Michael Park was against it. And Maura also said recently that this doesn't make Carly look good but she can separate the actor from the character and she isn't Carly. However she said she is a little heartbroken because she and Michael have been so close for years now. That's about as outspoken as Maura has ever been.

• Members

I think the hatred between Lucinda and the Snyders will resurface after the affair is exposed. I know there will be scenes with Emma, Lucinda and Holden. That's the only good thing to look forward to. I just hate the pairing. I dont see it lasting very long with all the negativity and possible drop in ratings.

• Members

I think it's über retarded, but totally something the hacks in charge would do. I think this is just cause NotMartha came on... They're like oh, ok so she has no chemistry with anyone so let's just throw together two people who have a modicum of history together (Carly and Holden) cause they know each other, and God knows we want to antagonize the CarJack fans until they revile in anger.

If G&P want to be hacks, you have to admit they're doing a fantastic job at being stupid! I wonder if this stupidity comes naturally or if they have had to practice for years.

• Members

If you want your voice heard......

To Call in your Concerns:

ATWT Comment Line

(718) 780-7675

Email your Concerns:

[email protected]

To Snail Mail in your Concerns:

Alan G. Lafley

Chairman, Proctor & Gamble

1 Proctor & Gamble Plaza

Cincinnati, OH 45202

Barbara Bloom

Senior Vice-President, Daytime Programs

CBS Television

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Mr. Pat Gentile

Head of P&G Productions

Procter & Gamble Productions

World Wide Plaza

825 8th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

Richard Mensing

CBS Daytime NY

51 W 52nd St., Suite #586

New York, NY 10019

Christopher Goutman

Executive Producer

As The World Turns

c/o JC Studios

1268 East 14th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11230

Brian T. Cahill

Televise/Procter & Gamble Productions

World Wide Plaza

825 8th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

As the World Turns

1268 East 14th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11230

http://www.officialatwtfanclub.com/email/index.php

Email the cast of As The World Turns:

• Members

I doubt either Mike or Maura is "thrilled" about this story. They know how their fans are taking it. The only one really benefitting here is Jon Hensley. He and Martha both wanted a breakup for years. I'm sure it's less about "hating" Lilden, than the fact the current regime can't write for them. They haven't had a good story since Faith's kidnapping.

• Members

I have watched Holden and Lily for decades now. I know Byrne is gone, and I have to come to terms with that, BUT I still can't see why they would move in this direction. "there's no more story for the couple" is a way of saying the writers have got lazy and no longer want to strain their poor minds. There could be story for Lily and Holden. How could there not be story for a couple that has been around for twenty to twenty five years? I believe in couples taking breaks. I think that characters need breathing room and space. However, I don't like seeing a true supercouple being split permenantly on the basis of "no more story". History creates story, it doesn't destroy story. Why should a couple run out of story on the basis of longevity? I wish they would atleast have longterm plans for Holden and Lily, EVEN in the face of recast. Holden and Lily represent ATWT sole supercouple of the 1980's. So despite the recast....I don't like this for Holden and Lily.

As for Carjack, I think it's really stupid for the show to break up the only real strong couple created in the recent past. Carly and Jack are really one of the few popular couples created this decade in all of soapdom. It seems like when you come across something golden, you try to hold on to it. Sure, let there be trouble for Carjack...Thats what makes Carjack likable and rootable, but Carly sleeping with Holden is a HUGE blow to this couple, and if it's written according to standard...it will be the end for Carjack.

My main problem though is the character implications. The Holden I know wouldn't sleep with Carly. Why would he? It isn't like him at all. Even if he liked Carly (which he never has...) he would never do Jack like that. Never. He cares about and values family. I haven't watched regularly in a while, and maybe Jean has butchered the characters on this show to the point that this is believable, but the Holden I remember would Never do this. It's a hack job.

Archived