Say Something Positive About Your Soap Part II

• Members

ATWT: I am actually loving everything about this show right now...it quite entertains me(although I may be in the minority..ah well)

GL: John Driscoll is GREAT

Y&R: Chris Engen is GREAT

DAYS: I still really like the opening theme. It's...the best theme, I think.

B&B: Very good drama going on

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good idea MLC. The irony is I decided last week to STOP being such an OLTL cheerleader, and even chided a few of my One Life comrades. So no OLTL mention, except that I've mentioned it in a thread about the positives.

Don't watch much else but:

Y&R - still has me watching, liking Adam, and Heather! if you can believe it! Some very touching moments between them about their shared experiences regarding their shared paternity woes. And Judith Chapman is very talented as Gloria.

B&B - I see occasionally and I've always loved Heather Tom, and I like Katie with her in the role.

AMC - Any scene with Jessie and Angie gives me goosebumps all these years later. I was in my teens when they were teens. That they are back is a big gift to me. Now if only Jenny hadn't died... :D

GL - I like the theme.

ATWT - not afraid of continuing a gay storyline. I wish other soaps would follow suit with something as longterm.

not a big seller here but - CORONATION STREET - we're about a year behind UK episodes but the antics of that little monster David Platt have me thoroughly engaged. I'm glad they haven't forgotten the traumas Gail's family has gone through (Richard Hillman!) and have it manifest in (not just) David's behavior these years later.

• Members

It's tough but...

GH: has found a charming light corner of the soap universe with Kate's magazine co-starring Giselle, Maxie and Jax.

Bradford Anderson is brilliant as Spinelli.

Greg Vaughan has so much charisma he just lights up the screen and makes even the toughest characters in the likability dept. look good.

• Members

DOOL: I'm watching it every day and enjoying most of the time. I think Ava is great and Bo and Hope have stood the test of time. It is the only show with long-term good couples

GH: It is less violent than it was a month ago and I'm enjoying it again. I like Alexis and Diane. I like Diane and Max. I'm like Spinnelli and I really like Sonny and Kate. I would like very much for her to help him go straight

Y&R: I am starting to like Adam. I have to be honest and say this show is really boring right now.

OLTL: The overrated and over-hyped Ron C . has made it so easy for me to stop watching a show that I had enjoyed for 20 years. I thought it would be hard to give it up when I heard of his plan to kill off Nash because he preferred Jared, but it has been very easy.

• Members

I just love how on OLTL Jared Skank is behind the bars. Even if he doesn't go to prison, I hope Ron finds a way to make him suffer for a very long time. Fire and mother******* brimstone on that bastard.

ETA: REALLY PISSED ABOUT THE EVENTS THAT DEVELOPED WEDNESDAY. BUT I HAVE FAITH IN RC. PLEASE punish to the fullest extent of the law. I suppose RC has done this purposefully; he wants us to hate Jarevil and Nataliar but I can't take it anymore LOL.

Also love how they bring back popular characters and actually give them something to do WITHIN the current palette rather than beginning a whole new (usually weak and short) storyline for them just because they were once popular. I can see the Marty/Tina s/l go on for months and never get bored.

I also love how I can't wait to watch OLTL everyday and feel a bit guilty when I can't catch it the same day. I feel like a bad fan sometimes lol.

RC, TSJ and Strasser :wub:

Tuc Watkins ^_^

On Y&R, I love how it seems that they're about to resolve the whole David Chow mess soon and how they're finally incorporating Paul and Jill into the sphere again.

MTS and Morrow :wub:

• Members

So good to see all these positive things. I don't care what no one says, this board has really turned negative. But it's all good. Let's be thankful our shows are still on the air. Soaps are dying, would you be negative to a dying family member? Soaps are like family. They( actors, writers) have to work every day to churn out a new episode every day. It's a major feat. Instead of complaining, let's come up with some solutions. How about all the complainers write a soap. Then again, if there were no complaints, there wouldn't be a SON board huh?

• Members

AMC: Angie & Jesse have been fantastic, Dixie reuniting with Tad to give him Kate was heartbreakingly bittersweet, Erica finally has a story that doesn't revolve around her children, Opal has had a lot of screentime recently, and Greenlee & Zach have supercouple potential.

• Members

DAYS: I love the show, there's not much to complain about here.

B&B: Everything isn't a Brooke lovefest at the moment.

ATWT: Julie Pinson is fresh and fun. I like Brad too.

I agree. It's great to see some positive stuff. But of course the SON board could and would exist even without the complaints. :)

• Members

Ok, Here Goes.... :D

Days: I am glad that Days has been able to maintain it's cast and still have so many important vetrans present on the canvas. Marlena, John, Abe, Lexie, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Victor, Maggie, and Caroline; and thats not even all of them. Days has kept a veteran cast for this long, and still gives it's viewers characters and couples that are part of the history of this show. It's really amazing, and very rare that a daytime drama can keep so many characters from the 70's and 80's. Also, I think Ed Scott has done a fantastic job making the show visually excellent. There has been a positive change in the lighting, camera angles, and set design since he came on board. Even the scenes feel better put together. He has done a great job.

B&B: I think it's the most consistant show on the air. They have been able to keep up the energy and have consistantly entertaining storylines without turning totally unbelievable. What I like about B&B is the fact that it stays true to itself, and never re-invents. The show has integrity.

Y&R: People say it's boring and bland, but the fact is, like it's younger sister above, when you tune in to Y&R, you know you are watching Y&R. It is one of the most flawless television shows on the air. The sets, the costumes, the make up, and even the scripting, are unique to this particular show. Know one does it like Y&R, and thats why it has held the #1 ranking for so long. This show does romantic, "soapy" moments so well, and has not tried to make itself unregonizable to prove it's hip.

AMC: From what I've seen, Angie and Jessie's return gave this show a needed boost in the arm. AMC is a great soap with a ton of potential.

OLTL: This show is strong right now, and has incorporated characters from it's past in a seamless way. Every scene seems to count for something, and I have to say, Dorian is my favorite character in Daytime at the moment.

ATWT: As usual, this show has some strengths. ATWT has been the standard for the last 50 years of daytime drama. It had a lock on the top spot for several decades, and it's because this show went for excellance and no less. I think right now, ATWT has the best acting performances in daytime. It has once again pushed the limits with Nuke, and has made us remember that it has had a lot of "first" in this genre. The actors on this show get the job done, and rarley "phone it in".

I know I complain too much. I'll admit it. But most of my friends don't watch soaps, and my wife is getting tired of hearing me b+#@h. I'm glad we all have a thread to speak something positive.

Archived