AMC: Elle Magazine article about AMC & Soaps in general

• Members

http://www.elle.com/featurefullstory/13993...y-children.html

I found this part interesting:

plot has increasingly trumped character development on soaps, says C. Lee Harrington, a sociology professor at Miami University who studies daytime TV. “The industry is really in trouble,” she says, “and soaps are doing everything they can to compete with prime time, which sometimes means characters making 180-degree turns. They’re trying to mimic the pace of prime time, but it doesn’t really go with the genre.”

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto YRBB's Amen.

Wasn't there? Not trying to start an argument, Jonathan, but I thought there was (and I thought Tad was the one who ordered it). If there really wasn't one done, though...WOAH.

• Members

From what I recall, I think there was a Jeff-Josh test but not an Erica-Josh test. Maybe I'm just confused and this is all wishful thinking on my part. :huh:

But hey, if Ryan can go from being a Lavery to a Stamp and then back to being a Lavery, then Josh can be aborted again.

• Members

There was a completed Josh/Erica test. Tad took a bloody napkin that Josh used to stop the bleeding on his arm after a drugged Erica stabbed Zach and then cut Josh's arm when he tried to restrain/disarm her. Tad ran a DNA test and found it to be a match. He then pulled Josh's birth certificate and found that Josh was born seven months after she aborted Jeff's baby. The night of the Mardi Gras Ball, Tad told Erica that a DNA test confirmed that Josh was her son and that the lab was running a Josh/Jeff test and they were awaiting confirmation.

From that point on, Josh was assumed to be a Martin by everyone including Dr. Joe.

Archived