Maurice Benard talks to Showbuzz.com

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: :lol: I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, JP... but I do think he CAN be VERY sexy. When he's allowed to smile and laugh and turn on the charm. Unfortunately in Guza-Land, that's against the law. Murder isn't... but charisma is.

• Members

IMO, Sonny is only ever charismatic around Brenda. He's showed glimpses with other people since, but Maurice and Vanessa work so well off one another. I'm not a couple fan, but in this case, Sonny and Brenda complete one another in some strange way. Claire Labine was one smart woman to see the chemistry between those two, when they shared short scenes in the beginning. I HATE Sonny and Brenda as separate characters, but together, they have a certain Je Ne Sais Pas.

Sonny been toxic with ever woman since, especially with Carly.

• Members

I wasnt being sarcastic, lol.

Mo is really sexy. Sonny? Not so much. Its odd, but you are right. Mo cant turn oin his charm and smile and laugh nad be his sexy self, he has to be dark asngry broody and pissy all the time on GH. When i met him i almost died. Srsly, him, Greg Vaughan, and Tyler are just... yumm!

I agree, except Brenda is love all her own :)

And i do think what caught on well at first for Sonny & Kate was he was able to smil, laugh, and flirt for the first time in YEARS. Then they ruined that first.

• Members

I've never met Tyler, but I couldn't agree more re: Greg. WOW. If they wrote Lucky to be a little closer to Greg, then they'd have no choice but to topple Jason Morgan off his pedestal (no offense to Steve), because Greg's got "it" oozing out of his pores. I don't know when "brooding" got to be what's hot, but I'm so over it. Give me somebody fun and flirty and interesting and has no clue how attractive they are, and I turn into a bumbling idiot.

But back to topic - Sonny USED to be fun. Hell, I nearly fell off my couch when I watched the "clink boom" montage again on YouTube a few months ago, and Sonny's with Luke, all giddy before Lily dies. I couldn't believe it. I forgot he had DIMPLES! If they could give us some of that, Sonny could stick around. But otherwise, I'm DONE.

• Members

Sonny has become a horrible character, while Maurice has been phoning it in for the last several years. I think MB needs to leave just so I can see him do something different and not groan everytime he is on my screen. I thought Kate was going to get Sonny out of the, shall we say, "Mob Mentality" but then we're back on "Betrayal by Betrayal of any other name is Betrayal" storyline, and I'm bored with that. Sonny has and will be "betrayed" by any woman he's with because that's the nature of soaps. Unfortunately, as soon as Sonny hooked up with Kate, I was like, "It's only a matter of time before 'Betrayal' works its way into this couple. Sonny either needs to grow up as a heterosexual man and realize that women sometimes act unfavorably for the right reasons, or he needs to realize his destiny is geared toward a homosexual relationship with Jason Morgan.

Archived