Who Would You Un-Kill?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't unkill anyone. *ducking*

That death is changeable on soaps is one of the biggest problems they have.

Don't get me wrong. Every show has a long list of characters who should have never been killed. I take exception to writers believing that killing a character off is the best solution, only to have the next writer bring them back.

It's just that most soap actors, regardless of their level of talent, can manage grief and there sits me with a box of tissues and all that emotion... only to feel cheated a year or two, or five, or twenty, years later.

Just don't do it in the first place, and if you must, leave a wink to the audience - something more than "no body was found"

As a kid I rememeber when Adam Drake & Nicole Travis's boat was blown up on Edge of Night. After the explosion we saw Nicole floating with the wreckage, calling for help. Surprisingly, it was Adam who was found almost immediately but I believe Nicole was missing for over a year.

Leave it open and credible.

END OF RANT :P

• Members

ATWT:

JENNIFER MUNSON-Her death made for good story for....oh, about a month, but after that, it fell flat. And to think that Babara's sole daughter dying only constituted a brief appearance for Babs herself.

DUSTY DONOVAN-He was the true Stenbeck heir. He was closely tied to many Oakdale citizens of today and yesteryears. And he's been a character on the show since he was a young teen. Killing him off was only ATWT slapping Grayson in the face for leaving to pursue other things.

ROSE D'ANGELO-This is kind of a 50/50 for me. There was so much potential in the character, but when that potential wasn't met, they killed her off. Shame.

More to come later...

• Members

Ignoring how bad or convoluted it might be...

GL: Maureen Bauer, Nadine Cooper, Jenna Bradshaw, Ben Reade, Tony Santos (but not onscreen! No Santoses!), Ross Marler, Tammy Winslow, Gus Aitoro (damn, so many needless deaths)

Days: Isabella Toscano, Shawn Brady (why the fsck did they kill him if they were just going to go about ignoring Caroline and Victor already?)

Y&R: John Abbott

ATWT: Rose D'Angelo, Jennifer Munson, Dusty Donovan (only if they recast or had Scott Bloom return)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch... and I'll be like, aww man...

• Members

AMC - DIXIE!!!!! OMG! THEY SOOOOOOOOOO NEED TO BRING HER BACK ALIVE!!!! Then, Erin Lavery, Simone Torres, Edmund Grey, Leo & Vanessa

GH - Georgie, Emily, Alan and AJ

DAYS - Cassie & Rex (yup, I know they're not dead, but DAYS writers don't mention them at all) :rolleyes:

Archived