GH: Fire Robert Guza Jr. and Jill Farren Phelps!!!

• Members

Oh my...those names you list...yes, it is a demonstration of how destroyed the show is.

(Although I worry I'm again adrift in nostalgia).

But, on that note, I also miss Audrey, Steve, Augusta, Lee, Gail... I go back a looooooooooooooong way :-)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fire them yesterday! They turned a show that gave us beautifully written stories like Lucy's (Dominique's) pregnancy, Alan's drug addiction, Stone's death, and Maxie's heart--not to mention nearly everything that happened in the 80s--and turned it into an amoral mess that repeats storylines over and over and over again, while rewriting long-term characters to the point they're unrecognizable-- or simply writing them off, or killing them off, altogether. And instead we get more mobsters, once-sane characters defending mobsters, or falling for mobsters, and on and on and on. After 20-some years I finally stopped watching when they killed Alan Quartermaine, and until Frons, Guza, Phelps and Benard are fired, I'll never watch again

• Members

No matter who is heading the show, nothing will change. Sadly, GH has evolved (or degenerated) into a show about mob wars. Guza even said that the show is now about "wartime romance." We only gets scrubs because of the success of Grey's Anatomy. A better HW might be able to rework some of these stories and add some heart and warmth to them, but bottom line is that the mob will continue to dominate no matter who the HW or EP is.

• Members

But... JFP and Guza win EMMYS!! They must be good!

:huh: Now you're going to tell me Emmys don't mean anything and are bought and sold and are a cheap popularity contest aren't you?

Oh OK - then they aren't good, they just know how to milk the system and LOOK good while destroying a classic.

Ahh there we go, internal monologue over.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Detroitpiston mentioned in the Cocktail Lounge how no one started a weekly thread. The show really doesn't deserve one, it's appalling.

Is the road to Guza's firing going to be one long and exhausting exodus like the one that in the end got Megan McTavish fired?

• Members

I don't know what incriminating photos Guza has of Frons but he should have been fired years ago. I was the most loyal of long-time GH fans (I still remember jumping out of my skin at click-boom), I even watched the bad so that I could poke fun at the crapness. You can imagine just how horrid it has become -- a post is not even worth it. It would be like kicking a fatally injured dog.

I've left the show before but for the first time ever, I don't even miss what it once was, what it once could have been. It has been three months now and I feel instead like I have awoken from a bad, feverish dream.

Basically, i watched when there was a glimmer of hope. Guza has killed the heart, the soul, the humour, excitement and romance of GH. And so that hope has gone. :( I honestly don't think it can ever be saved.

THANKS. You "Emmy-winning" HACK.

robert_guza_jr_01.jpg

33rd_ghbestdrama_01.jpg

For what it's worth? I think my estimation for Frons as ABCD Prez would exponentially soar -- if he wasn't so adamant about keeping Guza at GH and keeping GH tied to Scummy, Snarly and Jason.

• Members

Do you think it was meaningful that GH was the only show to lose viewers last week? Or, to quote my usual mantra, do you think that is just random.

What do you think might trigger Frons to make a change?

• Members

It's sad that none of us even cared about the show enough to start one. I remember a time when one of the first things I did when I got home was check my vcr and make sure GH had been recorded and then watched. Now it's not even on my DVR. Frons needs to wake up and get rid of Guza and Phelps because GH is completely unwatchable and unrecognizable.

• Members

As long as Frons is in control of ABC Daytime, I don't ever see Phelps or Guza leaving, unless it was by their choice or GH suddenly landed in the bottom of the barrel in the ratings. And even then, I truly could see Frons moving Phelps to AMC and leaving Guza at GH.

Anyone in the "know" has there even been ANY discussion of a change at GH?

• Members

I have no idea what will.

Is it meaningful? Short term - yes, very. In the long run, I don't think so. Even if Y&R got a 4.0 on Friday, that's just a temporary bump and the overall trend will still be - downwards and off we go!

Archived