Is OLTL going to surpass Y&R come this week ratings?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is probably why OLTL is flourishing right now; ABC and Brian Frons have meddled so much with both GH and AMC that both shows are now in the crapper because of their warped and delusional "vision" for each of them. At the moment I'm kinda glad ABC treats OLTL like the red headed step child because the show finally has a HW who is capable of writing for the show and no out of touch execs get to meddle with his vision because they're all trying to save GH and AMC from falling to the bottom of the ratings.

As for OLTL potentially being number one in the ratings; who knows what could happen when you have a good HW at the helm. Obviously the current ratings are not a true testiment to how the quality of each soap is; if Y&R would not be first right now.

I'm still trying to figure out how a car accident involving two main characters, the kidnapping of a con man by another, a punch that was heard around the wrold, and a guy coming back from the dead can be considered boring, but to each their own.

• Members

I am enjoying OLTL. It is fun and soapy, but I certainly don't think that it is the best soap on the air and it definitely will never surpass Y&R in the ratings. The soap right now is B&B and its ratings is stagnant because Y&R is struggling.

• Administrator

As long as OLTL is ABC's #1 soap, I'll be happy. :) In fact, I would love to see OLTL and AMC both beat GH (maybe then Frons will wise up and fire Guza). That would make me so happy.

• Members

Honestly, I want more (yeah, I'm greedy. I know)

I won't be happy until OLTL is SOLIDLY in the #3 slot in HH's every week (And the highest rated ABC soap in 18-49... again, THE MOST IMPORTANT NUMBER).

We all know it can have jumps. We've seen it happen before. (Gay governor serial killer?) But when it's in #3 and the #1 ABC soap in demos for a solid eight weeks? I'll throw a freakin' party!

• Administrator

Oh, I definitely want more too, brimike. But it's gotta start with 1 week. The #3 in HHs and #1 in 18-49 among ABC soaps is in their reach. If Y&R keeps faltering, maybe OLTL has a chance at #1 overall in 18-49 (I know I'm asking for the moon here LOL). Hopefully, I'll have some good news with the next ratings release. :)

Archived