AMC: Tuesday, May 27, 2008

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA. It seemed as if the writers dropped the Zach and Greenlee angle. I loev that its creeped up again

They were already mentioning Maria, Sam and Maddie today

IA. Krystal being with her was a big WTF, especially since she was so emotional as if she and Julia were super close friends. They\'ve barely interacted

• Members

That is true. But like people say all the time, we watch soaps to escape realism. In our minds, we hope that if we're put in that situation, that we can jump off a roof and grab onto the bottom of a helicopter in order to save the one we loved. It's escaping realism like this that I love about soaps. However, I hate when people use that "escape from realism" excuse when it comes to ridiculous things that go on on the soaps like Marlena's possession or anything on Passions.

• Members

I agree it was a bit much, but since there was SO much soapiness, romance and secrets revealed (old-fashioned soap) on Friday, I could overlook all the CGI and action stuff on AMC today.

The John McClane stuff I *LOVE* because... well, becuase I've got a lot of testosterone in me and I love that crap. But I DO understand that it needs to be paced out in daytime. It's not ALWAYS what the audience wants to see, but every once in a while, it's nice to throw in. Like an after dinner liqueur. So I didn't mind today because there was so much good emotional stuff surrounding it.

I also thought the actor playing Frankie did a GREAT job today. Forgot to mention that before.

• Members

Agree about the unfab four. I didn't like the very beginning when they talked about the 3 great love stories:

Jesse & Angie - check

Tad & Dixie - Of course

Kendall & Greenlee - UGH! What an insult to even include them with the other two.

I cried my eyes out when Dixie thanked Julia for taking care of Kate.

Agree about the unfab four. I didn't like the very beginning when they talked about the 3 great love stories:

Jesse & Angie - check

Tad & Dixie - Of course

Kendall & Greenlee - UGH! What an insult to even include them with the other two.

I cried my eyes out when Dixie thanked Julia for taking care of Kate.

• Administrator

Exactly! That's why it worked. If there was just action, it wouldn't have been this good. All the action stuff came after a beautiful, romantic wedding.

Yeah, once and while....unlike GH.

I really like him too. And he looks so much like Jesse.

• Members

Agree with all the stuff others have mentioned. Another excellent show. I cried watching Julia's final moments. When I learned Sydney Penny was leaving and this was the way Julia was going to be written off, while pissed, I didn't really care all that much, but Sydney Penny today, proved why she was once heralded as one of daytime's greatest younger performers in the 90's, Her talent still shone through. I mean, in almost 3 years, Sydney gave the most meaningful performence in a few minutes. Poor Kathy, has to lose so many people she loves in order to be reunited with Tad.

I loved Adam comforting Kathy. He is so good with her. Colby seems nothing more than wallpaper, why did they recast again> LOL

I didn't mind the Kendall/Ryan and Zach/Greenlee stuff. It was good balance to the action and emotional drama elsewhere. Rebecca is playing Greenlee for all she's worth the past few days. Loving every single second of it and I'm sorry, but I can't deny that hot chemistry between Thorsten and Rebecca.

Archived