AMC: TV Guide Spoilers about Jake's return

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Full article from SOC:

Homecoming at AMC by Michael Logan

One All My Children character is coming back from hell, another from heaven. On April 30, daytime megastar Ricky Paull Goldin -- who just exited Guiding Light -- will join AMC as the new Jake Martin. Viewers will learn that Jake, who left town in 2003 to join Doctor Without Borders in Africa, is currently held captive in Darfur, where he is being forced to treat one of the illegal armies. Two episodes later, Emmy winner Cady McClain will rejoin the show as Dixie Martin -- in angel form. Fans were furious when the beloved character was killed last year with a batch of poisoned pancakes.

Weirdly, the two returns are connected. AMC exec producer Julie Carruthers, who offered Goldin the gig when she heard he was quitting GL, tells me that Jake will be rescued by Aidan (Aiden Turner) and brought back to America against his will. "Jake comes back emotionally scarred and with a very big secret," Carruthers notes. "He does not want to see his family. He wants to get back to the land he's grown to love."

Though Dixie's primary purpose is to unite her ex-husband Tad (Michael E. Knight) with their long-missing daughter, she will be instrumental in helping Jake decide to stay in Pine Valley. "The audience felt gypped with the way Dixie went out," Carruthers admits. "There's a lot of unfinished business with the character -- a lot of work she must to before her spirit can be free."

Interesting it's Carruthers talking about this storyline, she also commented on stuff in the new SOD as well. Me thinks B&E are on their way out ;)

• Members

Angie I can't believe you are picking on the sanctimonious St. Ryan of the Dynamite Kiddo. Didn't you know that he can fake his death, come back to Pine Valley, and still do any task that needs to be done? After all, my friend, he is a Lavery and we know how perfect they are :D

My hate for Ava is temporary....but my hate towards anything Lavery runs deep B)

Archived