AMC: TV Guide Spoilers about Jake's return

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on now, Jake or no Jake you'd prefer she wasn't coming back. But I agree the Jake/Dixie thing sounds like an unecessary detour on an already limited run for Cady.

But the Jake story itself (minus the Dixie angle) sounds good to me. Am I the only one? It sounds like it will be some good straight-from-the-headlines human and family-based drama.

• Members

No, you are definitely not the only one. I think Jake's story sounds great and will provide a lot of good drama for the Martins and raw emotion...especially since its happening to a very important core character like Jake.

• Members

Kyle,

I agree, this is a move in the right direction writing for the main families. I love how much airtime Ray (Joe Martin) got this summer, he is a true diamond in the rough. I can only see his airtime increasing with Jake back int he fray.

Poor Jake, this is the second time he has been stuck in a war torn region, first with his capture in Chechnya in 2000 where Ryan was his hero. I think Aidan being pulled into this is an allusion to a Greens/Jake revisit which I am all for. So much fun history would be at work here with Green's continued eyes for Ryan, and the animosity Ryan and Jake shared even after Gillian's death.

I would love it if Carolyn was killed too. RPG would get some great emotional material to play off in his first few months with the death of his fiance, whatever mental trauma from his capture, and now his disdain for being home. I would love to see Greens try to break away his new rough exterior, and reveal the warmer man that she once loved.

One part I am not a fan of is the Dixie's ghost thing. End that story before it happens. blech.

For a quick Jake history, check out his bio: Dr. Jake Martin

Archived