B&B Needs more Character

• Members

Do you thing that B&B needs more characters and which characters should B&B bring back to the show? I think John Reilly from Passions should come on as Massimo Marone since Joe Mascolo is back on DAYS and they should also start a black family on the show using Dan Martin and Mykel Shannon Jenkins characters as the leads with our people coming on in the family.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember in the '90's when B&B had a well rounded cast of characters that weren't all connected to the Forresters. There were the Spectra's, Dylan, Jessica, Jasmine, Michael and Sly, James & Maggie, Grant, Lauren, etc... The show was balanced.

Instead of bringing in a whole heap of new characters, they need to flesh out the ones they've got. Jackie and Clark need a purpose - what's the point in Jackie stealing designs, if she's not going to do anything with them? Why must Thorne languish on the backburner? Why is Felicia so difficult to write for? Bring back CJ, Kristen, Tony & Zende. And maybe slowly integrate 2/3 new characters through them. This is LA, so diversity is needed.

And I'd pass on Massimo Marone. He's a good character, but I don't want the show to go back to being fashion-less, and all about the shipping industry.

• Members

^^Definitely agree.

A few years ago I would have said the show needed a huge infusion of new characters but they've done it and they're not using them. Why not build a story for Jackie and Clarke? Felicia and Storm would be a wonderful pairing while connecting the Forresters to the Logans in an ironic, reverse gender way. There's so much fresh drama and subtext that could be mined from their relationship, not to mention featuring two wonderful actors. The next generation should have a story a la Jessica Forrester. Give Thomas and the twins something to do. Refocus on exactly what Forrester Creations is with a decent corporate story. Who works there? They need clearly defined roles. Give Stephanie a hint of romance with someone who isn't Eric (which would I suppose mean bringing in a new man).

The only area I would perhaps consider beefing up would be the staff base of FC (like Michael, Claudia, Enrique, Grant, Margo and Ivana et al represented in the 90s). Other than that, the potential is staring Brad Bell right in the face which is what makes it so frustrating. Any decent writer would have a field day being given the acting talent and cross section of character relationships that B&B has right now.

• Members

We need more male characters (ones who aren't related to the Forresters or Logans!) on the show. At the moment there are 10 females (Stephanie, Brooke, Taylor, Bridget, Felicia, Ashley, Phoebe, Donna, Katie, Jackie) and only 5 males (Eric, Ridge, Nick, Thorne, Rick)! They need to even out the male-to-female ratio.

• Members

Co-sign on the "utilize existing cast" posts. The past week or two have been a lot better compared with the Writer's Strike and the Single Plotline wihich dominated an entire month. However! Clarke, Jackie, Thorne, Felicia, Ashley, Storm, Bridget, Katie, Rick, Pam and others all need to carry more weight in terms of SL and exposure on a par with Brooke/Stephanie/Nick/Ridge/Taylor.

I wouldn't say no to having CJ, James Warwick and even Deacon return to mix it up with current gene pool. James and Stephanie (and IB and SF!) have a friendship and complicity which pops on screen. Plus, it's not like Taylor is the only one on the show who needs counselling.

• Members

If anything B&B needs more storylines, not just 2 or 1 storyline a day but they need to have storylines that last longer even though it's a half hour show i would give them better storyline's and maybe some more men but i like the cast the way it is so i wouldn't change that.

Archived