Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder why they didn't go on & say that Santa Barbara is owned by Disney?!!! 

SANTA BARBARA was owned by the Dobsons who sold it to New World which was bought by 20th Century Fox which was bought by Disney.

Of the soaps that Disney owns, here's how they stack up on # of episodes, which is a huge consideration: NS 27; City 352; PC 1,537; SB 2,137;

LOV 3,169; RH 3,515 & then the rest are all over 10,000 each.

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was Sam Hall and/or Peggy O'Shea who wrote that scene.  OLTL's the only other soap I know of that would have something like that on their show.

• Members

I don't know if you've ever read the French fansite, but it is an excellent resource for these types of questions.  For example, I'd totally forgotten that he was Kirk's father.

http://santabarbara-online.com/jack2.htm

Even if the translation sometime requires further translation to make sense

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Imo the Flame scene was much better than the Lucy Coe scene. But Lynn Herring played the mousy part much more believably than Roberta. I'm just watching the Lucy Coe story now.

Amy's baby storyline. I have simply never made it through that.

Edited by Keri

• Members

There's something ironically-fatal-attractiony about the Flame scene.  She comes home to her Batgirl lair with the secret elevator, and then to get comfy she slips off her pumps and puts on a teddy that goes up her tush and another pair of heels.  It's like, girl, you've already got him locked in a room, you don't need to dress up for him.

Also, why don't soaps ever include the contractor who was hired to build the jail in the basement?  Certainly, some dude is going around Santa Barbara talking about how much money he made by installing a fake wall. Or, are we to assume it was a DIY project?  Either way, how did Flame afford it?  They hadn't gotten the money from Robert yet.

At least Lucy Coe just let down her hair, she didn't have a whole secret floor in her cottage.