dm.

Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Katrina. So damned pointless.

Katrina was so basic & bland. By pairing her with Dash the town rapist the Dobson's didn't to her any favors. Katrina was supposed to be Kelly 2.0:lol:  But failed at that horribly.

Wendy   
2 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Katrina was so basic & bland. By pairing her with Dash the town rapist the Dobson's didn't to her any favors. Katrina was supposed to be Kelly 2.0:lol:  But failed at that horribly.

The Dobsons totally screwed the pooch in Round 2 of their tenure. They would not have needed a faux Kelly replacement if they hadn't fired Carrington Garland, who was popular and had chemistry with the cast. Eileen Davidson is a good actress, but she was woefully miscast as Kelly. (And a small petty part of me was glad to see her version fail since she made a bunch of derogatory comments in SOW about Kelly being stupid before she took on the role or whatever.)

I get Eden was gone, but I think - had Carrington not been fired - she could have filled the void on her own. JMO here.

The Dobsons in their second round side create Angela Raymond...but I didn't like that they made Mason/CC tread water in their relationship or that Mason suddenly didn't like Sophia again.

Katrina was written a bit better under Pam Long..but by then..the character was beyond saving.

Wendy   

I had forgotten that Joe Mascolo was on SB. That is him in the clip with RW's Kelly, isn't it? If it's not, he had a twin.