ATWT: Julie Pinson joins cast.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pinson is a good actress and I am sorry this role is recurring. Another psycho though....ugghhhh no...I think she would have made a better Molly Conlan or if they wanted to have her interact with the Snyders....cast Pinson as Ellie Snyder. Pinson certainly has the flair, spunk and panache to pull off that role, as well as the role of Molly.

• Members

Great idea to cast her as Ellie Snyder. The show never looks into the past when bringing on these new actors. It's really a waste of great history from Marland. Unfortunately, I think she'll probably be worthless Sofie's mom. I read she'll be connected to Aaron and his love interest Jana. Maybe Jana is code for Sofie since they change names when casting roles. Aaron just said he returned to Oakdale for Sofie, so I can't see him getting a new love interest.

This is when the pimping of Sofie kicks into full gear ala Gwen. Except she's not a fierce fan favorite (with talent) like Jennifer Landon.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 30 2008, 11:03 PM)
Great idea to cast her as Ellie Snyder. The show never looks into the past when bringing on these new actors. It's really a waste of great history from Marland. Unfortunately, I think she'll probably be worthless Sofie's mom. I read she'll be connected to Aaron and his love interest Jana. Maybe Jana is code for Sofie since they change names when casting roles. Aaron just said he returned to Oakdale for Sofie, so I can't see him getting a new love interest.

This is when the pimping of Sofie kicks into full gear ala Gwen. Except she's not a fierce fan favorite (with talent) like Jennifer Landon.

They just recently sent out the casting call for Jana, so I can't see it being Sofie who's already a part of the cast.

Here's a theory to chew on. Janet is a new friend of Lily's...one she made when she left Oakdale. She turns out to be Sofie's stepmom. She flirts with Aaron and worms her way into one Snyder man's bed. Meanwhile, Lily tries to figure out how to solve yet another problem she's brought...Janet.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 31 2008, 12:03 AM)

I totally agree that they are big time pimping Sofie, and it's not gonna work. With Jennifer Landon, she was only supposed to be a minor character but people saw that she had talent and she stuck around. With Sofie, they're pimping her first and expecting the same kind of reaction Gwen got from the audience. And it's just not happening. Putting all their eggs in Sofie's basket is going to backfire big-time.

And they really really really need to give the Sofie actress vocal lessons to soften that NY accent. This show is supposed to be in the midwest!

Archived