AMC: Cady McClain Returns!

• Members

Is this the payoff that many fans had waited for with Tad and Dixie getting their child back? Sorry AMC, but this won't cut it. This won't fix what AMC screwed up when they killed off Dixie in the first place so this news is NOT what I wanted. Either bring back Dixie as being alive and give the fans a REAL payoff with Kate or don't bring Dixie back at all.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope, this won't do it for me. I've waited TWENTY YEARS to see Tad, Dixie, and their baby girl TOGETHER. NOT this half assed attempt to wrap up a story they ruined when Dixie returned in '06. I think Cady is returning in order to give the fans that "reunion" but she must know it isn't enough. If AMC thinks I'll be back as a fan, they better think again. I want Dixie back ALIVE, with Tad and Kate. Their press release says "you wanted it, now you got it" or some stupid nonsense. Once again, they got it all wrong.

• Members

I agree that it is stupid to just bring her back as a ghost...but it also means that Tad reuniting with Kate is not too far away. It is about time they resolve that story (I am enjoying the story because it is resurrecting the Tad/Adam feud...but it has gone on for too long)

• Members

Works for me - it'll finally get Kate to Tad, and Dixie'll come and then leave again (which is probably what Cady would do anyway). DIXIE IS DEAD, and I for one am happy to see her remain so. Not every long-time viewer (31 years for me) is a Cady/Dixie fan.... But I cannot dispute the fact that B&E & Frons need to goooooo.....

• Members

It would have been so easy to bring Dixie back from the dead too. She was dating that rich guy who helped her find Kate. Why not just say he used the Satin Slayer as a cover, drugged her so everyone thought she was dead and she's now living as his prisoner. It's not exactly original, but it would have gotten the job done.

• Members

I feel really bad for Cady. She probably thought she was doing a great thing but nobody wants it? Don't get me wrong, I hate what went down last year. But she agreed to do this, she must like what they have planned.

Regardless I hope this works because clearly AMC is in danger of being cancelled: Debbi, Darnell, Rebecca, RPG, Cady, cutting the writing staff. They are clearly desperate and that means someone has said they will swing the ax if necessary.

• Members

I know it's a soap but we saw her ghost. It wasn't us seeing someone see her ghost like it was with Jesse, which can be written off easily as someone's imagination.

But how could they undo us seeing GhostDixie in the hospital/park. Nobody was imagining her then.

Although I personally would have been willing to pretend that never happened.

• Members

I would have done a Grant Alexander too!

I am very impressed with Cady on this. To have to go in and work with Carruthers again? She has to be doing it for the fans, which is why I'm not going to get caught up in the end "well this isn't good enough" argument.

Cady has done some things that really irked me over the years but, in this instance, I am thoroughly impressed. And I bet Carruthers will hide in her office whenever Cady is in the studio.

Archived