Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@y&r_fan

I wouldn't say Tammin is horrible. She simply hasn't exhibited material this past year to earn her this nomination. At least Emily, with the brain tumor and locking Kevin and Colleen in the room had some sort of range in her pocket. What has Tammin done in the past year to exhibit her acting abilities besides be Lily's pal?

I also think if she were REALLY good, she'd get a storyline, as Brittney Underwood has at OLTL. She started at out Starr's cheering squad when Todd prevented Starr from seeing Cole. But the writers gave her time to shine when they revealed her parents' death and eventual adoption story. Sure, the writers at OLTL were far more giving to their actors than the Y&R writers last year. But I think if Tammin had more skill, they would've continued to give Colleen more storylines as they gave Lyndsy and Adrienne.

But to each their own.

• Members

exactly. She's not done a dang thing except flutter around in monthly supporting Lily scenes. And compared to the dozen other younger actresses who had both actual material and amazing work in those scenes, it does nothing but highlight what's wrong with the system. Honestly, I'd want to be nominated on a year I had material, not because my show decided to make this into a block voting popularity contest. It does no justice to if they do keep her around and she actually gets a storyline

• Members

I'm pulling for Rachel Melvin...I'd love to see someone from DAYS win and of all the nominees Rachel is the one who deserves it!

All 3 of the Y&R nominees are a joke. None of them have any business being nominated. Terrible and insulting.

I think the 4 CBS girls may split the vote, Rachel COULD win. I hope she does.

I say Go Van! Tom Pelphrey could win too.

• Members

I could not agree more. Tammin getting one when Kristen Storms (or even JMB) didn't is pure bias. What exactly did Tammin do? Nothing, but give Lily advice and wait tables. Now I love Vail Bloom, there is just something about her that appeals to me, but again, what did she do? She's not as strong an actress as many of the people nominated.

I really do not care for Kristen Alderson (Starr, OLTL) but even I have to admit she did more than Tammin and Bloom combined. I'm completely disgusted by this list. The only person who deserves to be on there is Jen Landon. I'm over her, but at least she can act and has had material this year.

• Members

Sorry but Rachel Mevlin DOESN'T stand a chance even though she was great. Split the votes between the Y&R girls and extra ones for Jennifer. If Jennifer doesnt win, it would go to one of those awful Y&R girls.

• Members

Here are the two episodes Darin Brooks submitted:

Episode # 10692...OAD: 11/6/07...Max's aggressive side, during the "Save the Earth" event at the Cheatin' Heart, when Max had to kick out Ford and the two nearly came to blows.

Episode # 10710...OAD: 12/3/07...Max's soft, romantic side, as he and Stephanie cleaned up the Cheatin' Heart, then shared a slow dance.

• Members

Tammin hasn't done anything except look into the camera when she isn't talking - it's really wierd. It would also be nice if, while playing an American, she would use an American accent. And don't give me that quote of hers about her "not wanting to lose her heritage" - Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Portia de Rossi, Rachel Griffiths, Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson all have the same accents and don't have a problem losing it for a part. The bigger problem is that she can't seem to act without it - if what she did on H&W was acting. She's turned Colleen into a joke.

And BTW, the SureSucks nickname came from the Home & Away board. They've been using it for years.

• Members

^She is doing her best to improve her accent! Give her a break! She NEVER looks at the camera while acting - she is far too professional for that.

And yes, what she did on H&A was acting. What else would it have been?

And she has certainly NOT turned Colleen into a joke. She has made her interesting - something neither of the previous actresses were successful in doing!

• Members

I want Jesse Lee Soffer(Ex-Will on ATWT) to win an Emmy for his last year. I will be very upset if he doesn't win. I know he hasn't had much but he DOES have some good stuff that could submit I just want so bad for him to win. As for Jennifer Landon I do think she has it in the bag. She is sooo getting her third emmy this year.

Archived