Days: Thursday, Feb.28

• Members

Agreed, Toups. If anyone had any imagination, they could have put some thought into it, built a whole episode around Steve/Hope scenes, with Ava only hearing bits and pieces. (Maybe Steve is nervous about the baby, and Hope does some role-play with him "Okay, I'm Kayla. Tell me how you feel" That kind of thing) Really build a whole episode on how Ava THOUGHT she knew who Kayla was, but suddenly believes she's mistaken. At least have it make sense. And don't do it at the funeral. Ava stalking him was fine, but do it in another episode. That was clearly out of left field and really forced.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree with this. I know Caroline invited him, but he had no business there. No matter if they are trying to redeem EJ, he still did terrible things to Shawn's family. And did you notice that Sami was over against the wall all by herself for most of the episode? Does anyone think that Ali wasn't there when they taped the episode and her scenes were inserted? Sure looked that way to me.

• Members

Really? What else of note did Shawn do? I have watched since Frank Parker debuted, Toups. He left the show and wasn't even there for Bo and Hope's wedding. There really isn't alot of notable flashbacks to use and I don't think people want to see him having filler conversations in flashbacks. They showed the major ones. That is all that is needed or it would've been overkill. I can see with a character like John or even Mickey but not Shawn Sr. There wasn't a whole lot there.

And her being a nutcase is not a lame excuse. Sorry. There was no other way to do it and not doing it makes this nothing but her going after Kayla and that's it. Now it's more complicated and has more juice to it. And how would she know who Kayla is? Her father doesn't let her out much. I swear sometimes people look for things and tear things apart far too much. It happened with Hogan and now it's happening here. I don't like Higley either but I don't see anything wrong with what you are mentioning. Plus, with scabs writing, not everything is going to be on the ball until we get a writing team in place.

• Administrator

There wasn't a whole lot there? He was on the show for over 20 years! We couldn't get a Marlena/Shawn, Victor/Shawn, Hope/Shawn, Sami/Shawn, Steve/Shawn.......Did we even get a Kim/Shawn flashback? Okay, if you don't want "filler conversation in flashbacks" then how about a montage of Grampa Shawn through the years?

Her father doesn't let her out much? We've seen her in Ireland, we've seen her stalking Steve around town........she seems to come and go as she pleases. Instead of telling us "she doesn't get out much" how about showing us?

• Members

Well, then I guess you missed the part about her father being overprotective. Maybe part of the reason is I know what is coming up but, trust me. it makes sense as to why she is not being let out except when she sneaks out or whatever.

And what flashbacks of those you mentioned would you recommend? I've been watching for over two decades and there is really nothing else to use. There is more Caroline then Shawn. They never used him much and, remember, in his 20 years he was off for a period in the 80's and barely used at all the last 10 years or so. There just isn't enough to use in a montage unless you use meaningless scenes of him hugging someone walking through a door or something. They did what they could and they gave us important flashbacks. I've honestly not seen anyone else complain about the level of tribute. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. :)

• Administrator

Well, I guess I just believe that killing off the patriarch of a family that's been on for 20+ years is a big deal. Maybe I'm thinking too much of what I would do if I was writing. And maybe I'm just being too picky because I'm upset with what's going on behind the scenes. I don't know......

• Members

Toups..i think Grandpa Shawn got one helluva send off....he got to visit with Colleen then sacrifice his life to save his son and family..Plus we got great scenes of Caroline and the family grieving, the return of Kimberly, a beautiful funeral with pretty much all the Brady children present, and a nice wake with plenty of toasts..Could there have been a few more flashbacks??? Of course, but i'm content with what we got...The funeral more than exceeded my expectations...

• Members

And that is fine. I mean, you know alot more then I do so maybe that is why. I know when I find out behind the scenes stuff it sometimes is hard to watch without tearing certain things apart. i just try to separate the behind the scenes stuff from what I am watching on air because, honestly, if I didn't, I would enjoy hardly anything :lol: . I am just happy we got what we did with the scabs in charge.

I hope you don't take offense to me arguing with you. We both have different likes and dislikes and I guess I was picking on you a bit too for fun :lol: .

Archived