Days: Thursday, Feb.28

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the Ava/Hope showdown.

Those are two of my faves from my two fave shows. Tamara & Kristian.

So given what we just saw, I guess Ava will be operating under the false assumption that Hope is Mrs. Steve Johnson? :blink:

Loving the Anna/Tony stuff. I was too young to remember Anna ever being on the show since I was born in 86. I do remember Lee Ann Hunley from Dawson's Creek though as Pacey's too hot for teacher. But I think its a shame that we didn't get to see a little Carrie/Anna interaction. And while I'm on the subject, I think its ridiculous that Eric & Carrie were not at the funeral as well. What the heck? Just recast Eric already. I <3 Jensen Ackles, but he's the Josh Duhamel of Days. He'll never come back to his soap roots.

• Members

I'm sorry. As much as I loved seeing TB and KA together, that scene was SOOOO contrived.

-Do you love him?

-What?

-Do you love him?

-Love who?

-STeve Johnson.

-WHo are you?

-Do you love him?

-Yes, I do.

-You do?

-Of course I do. Who are you?

COME ON! Who talks like that??????? There were a hundred better ways to write the mistaken-identity moment that would have been much more clever. Ugh...

ETA: And how would Ava know the nickname "Patch"? Wasn't he going by Nick back then?

• Administrator

LMAO!!! ITA. That scene was so bad!! Not only was the dialogue bad, I also didn't understand the scene. So Ava thinks Hope is Kayla? Why would Ava think that? She doesn't know what Kayla looks like? I don't buy that. It was so bad. :lol:

I thought today's episode would include more flashbacks - what a missed opportunity here!! And why did Kimberly leave so early? She couldn't be there for the toast? The only good part of today's episode were the toasts at the end. Other than that, today's breakdown was pretty bad.

• Members

why do people keep asking how she knows his name is patch or why she calls him that if they were together during his missing years.

home boy has a patch for an eye! it isnt that far off to assume somone else besides his old friends in salem could come up with such a complex nickname.

tamara is awsome. she is rocking it on days. man is ava crazy!

• Members

Ava and Hope was very contrived..But i love the twist of Ava thinking she's Kayla..It will bring more people into this Steve, Kayla, Ava storyline..I really liked all the toasts today..What a nice tribute to Grandpa Shawn...I'll post more later, when i've seen the whole episode..

• Members

I don't get what was so bad. The girl is a nutcase. Should we expect her to come right out in another fashion? There is no way to set up the mistaken identity without doing it like that. It worked out well because Ava is a nutcase. The dialogue could be better but what do you expect from scabs? I can't wait until we get an a actual writing team.

As for flashbacks, there was nothing else to use. They showed two pivotal ones yesterday and a good one with Caroline. Shawn didn't do a whole lot and there isn't any notable Roman ones because of Josh being in the role. There wasn't any special Max scenes with Shawn. I mean, you want to show important flashbacks and they pretty much did. It's not like John where he was in one memorable story after another. Kimberly was only one for two days and I thought they utilized her well. She was part of the main toast in the beginning. The toasts at the end were just for kicks and nothing planned.

I've seen the breakdown worse. The breakdowns have been much better since the crash given we have scabs still writing. I thought the episode was very fitting for Shawn and it also moved story. Some of the Tony/Anna stuff was a bit too much at times though.

• Administrator

She's a nutcase - that's such a lame excuse. :lol: If there's no way to set up the mistaken identity, then don't do it!! She followed Steve to Ireland and now she's stalking him in Salem, yet she doesn't know who Kayla is? I don't get it.

They kill a character from the 80's off for real and they only show a total of what, 3 flashbacks? Come on. A lot more could've been done.

Archived