Y&R: Week of Feb 11-15 Discussion

• Members

Without having seen anything this week so far let me just stress what a fantastic actress Signy Coleman is.

She's uber-brilliant as Hope. Back in the day I always used to be in awe over her flawless performances. She plays blind so real and with so much dignity. And Hope & Victor always used to rate very high in my book as well. Therefore *swoon* and calling Brad Bell to urge him to snatch up Mrs. Coleman...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Nia's voice as well. The facial expressions seem a bit much but maybe that's just her thing.

I am on the fence about Cane and Lily. Even thought they've made her take the lead, the character is still pretty weak. CK clearly has a nice body and is fine as is, yet Lily seems susceptible to Chloe's implying that she's not thin enough. CK is believable playing the insecure bit but I think Lily should be a more fiery character with some backbone and she's more someone you can walk over. So far I haven't seen her strengths. Maybe it's that they seem to be two passive characters which makes it more sweet and cutesy to me.

• Members

I will never like Cane and Lily together, simply for the fact that she's not even close to being the daughter of Drucilla... Like Wales2004 said, she comes off wimpery to me, even when trying to get what she wants....every time she tries to stand up for herself, it sounds weak and is so willing to cave when she's pushed...Sorry but even her scenes with Neil come off whiny. I tune Lily out whenever she's in scenes, and that includes when she's in scenes with Cane, who I like.

I already can see that they are gearing Lily up for an eating disorder storyline....

• Members

OMG.

Lily. Shut the [!@#$%^&*] up and stop speaking French!

I'm not expecting perfection. But Lily grew up in Paris! I wonder if CK had any clue what she was saying. At one point she made Cane repeat this phrase and the way she said it sounded like French for "Go [!@#$%^&*] yourself." No joke.

Plus. Accordion music as part a love scene? Truly the most UNromantic music on earth. Accordions are for restaurants, not bedrooms. The kiss Cane gave Lily the episode before outside the Winters apartment was so much hotter than this robotic love scene. I really thought they would bring it; Y&R gave L&C's "first time" the Valentine's Day slot, after all. But the direction just fell flat.

Liz Hendrickson rocks. I don't sanction manipulating youngsters into having an eating disorder IRL. But this is a soap. I expect this kind of manipulation.

Missed Hope yesterday. But it was SO great seeing old-style Victor & Nikki from the early 80s in flashback. The teased hair! Those green sequins! That thick, bristling mustache! God love Old skool Y&R.

• Members

Sh!t, those Victor and Hope scenes at the end of Friday's episode were so touching. I don't want Hope to die now, I really loved when she said, "We're from two different worlds. You couldn't live in mine and I couldn't live in yours." Then Victor replies, "The love I felt with you was the purest I've ever felt." So very nice, even if Hope is biting the dust soon...

Signy Coleman is amazing and she's been on her A game this week...

Cane and Lily = Cringworthy, but that's yet another Latham left over they had to follow through on...

• Members

ITA.

I'm not a weepy person but those scenes with Hope... Boy, they sure tried on making me cry. Hope & Victor are still so real even though those two actors had no real interacting in 10 years. Great flashbacks, such great memories - damn it, I so gonna miss Signy Coleman.

Still catching up here, cause I had to work unexpected extra-hours - but at least I got to hear Nadia's theme about a dozen times which is part of our Soundtrack collection LOL! - and can't wait to see what further Hope/Victor/Victor Jr. were on last week... :)

• Members

Perhaps Signy is happy living the quiet life. They asked her to reprise the role a few years back and she declined right? When Victor went on that spiritual journey when Latham made him go crazy from that gunshot wound. Good times LOL.

Archived