GH: Carly & mobster Claudia Hit it off

• Members

Carly & mobster Claudia hit it off on 'General Hospital'

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Carly crosses paths with female mobster Claudia Zacchara Friday on "General Hospital," which will be a fun inside joke for longtime fans.

"It's really funny," says Laura Wright, who plays Carly. "Claudia is a nice, spicy addition to the show. She could slit your throat and kiss you at the same time, which I love."

The wink to fans, of course, is that Sarah Brown, playing Claudia, actually created the role of Carly in 1996. She played her until 2001, winning three Daytime Emmys along the way.

Wright took over the role in 2005 (jumping ship from "Guiding Light" to become Carly No. 4) and has played her ever since.

"I have been a fan of Laura's since I was on 'GH' back in the day," says Brown. "We have a natural camaraderie together, which was kind of unexpected."

Especially when you consider they've played the same role. Their on-screen encounter happens at Metro Court, where Claudia and Carly run into each other and Carly tells Claudia she looks familiar.

"They are sitting there talking, and Claudia makes a comment saying, 'As long as we don't have the same taste in men, we'll be fine,'" says Brown. "Carly says she is happily married to her happily married husband. Then Claudia makes a comment about how many married men she has been with and how they always tell her how happily married they are. Carly is like, 'Wait a minute. You stay far, far away from Jax!'"

Considering that Claudia has already slept with Carly's ex, Sonny, and is about to make a play for her best friend, Jason, chances of that are slim.

"Claudia and Sonny just miss each other," says Brown of the scenes today. "Then they bump into each other later that night and realize who the other is. She lays eyes on him and realizes that he is Sonny Corinthos - and that she just 'had' him!"

Yup, the bosses of Port Charles' rival mob factions had sex last week ("no last names, please").

"At the end of the day, it was me and Maurice [benard] playing Sonny and Carly, and it's still me and Maurice playing Sonny and Claudia," says Brown. "We have a certain chemistry between us; a talent crush. It is one of those things: 'I just loooove working with you!' That makes our stuff together really fun and exciting."

Which is the same praise Wright has for Brown, even though she's back on "GH" on a different role.

"We're two totally different actresses and they're two different characters," says Wright. "So I think it's going to be a blast."

Comings and goings: WABC-TV reporter Lauren Glassberg plays a Llanview socialite at the "Go Red" ball on "One Life to Live" Thursday. ... Ignacio Serricchio (ex-Diego) is back on the "GH" set. Perhaps as his dead character's evil twin? ... Scott Bryce's last airdate as Craig on "As the World Turns" is Feb. 21. ... Frank Parker leaves "Days" next week after a 24-year run.

Don't touch that dial: It's a veritable Carly fest today as Tamara Braun ("GH's" Carly No. 2) debuts on "Days" (NBC, 2 p.m.) as Ava, a woman from Steve's past.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived