GH: Week Of Feb 4th!

• Members

Hit and Run is a crime. Doesnt matter if it were an accident bc its illegal to drive away from the scene of a crime. Driving drunk is also a crime. Sleeping at the wheel is also a crime and making a phone call while driving is illegal without a headset. All 3 of the female suspects were doing stuff they were not supposed to be doing while driving which potentially led to someone getting almost killed. If any of them is revealed to be the driver, they can get arrested and sent to prison for valid reasons.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is not an answer to my question. Unless I was unclear, then I already said that hit and run is a crime even though I didn't use those terms. You even took the liberty to bold that part. All of the other crimes you mentioned cannot be proven at this point with the exception of possibly Monica's and since she reported her car as stolen then which one of them is actually going to tell the police that they violated any driving laws? If it turns out that none of them caused her accident then which one of them would confess to doing things they weren't supposed to on the road?

None of those violations would necessarily land a person in prison either. I haven't heard of anyone being imprisoned for falling asleep at the wheel while driving. Using a cell phone while driving probably results in a fine in most states but I haven't heard of it being a felony and I certainly haven't heard of anyone getting arrested for that. Drunk driving is a felony but who is going to prove that Monica wes driving drunk unless she confesses to it which she apparently has no intention of doing? No field sobriety test was convicted and most people get community service and/or probation on first offenses anyway.

At this point, none of them even know if they hit her although Monica and Elizabeth think they may have. So if the person who hit her doesn't know that they hit her then for what are they supposed to be accountable?

Going one step further, if the person comes forward after learning that they hit her then how would you like them to pay?

One of the reasons that this plot is so ridiculous is that unless a driver lost consciousness/blacked/fell into a deep sleep then it's highly improbable that a person would run in front of that driver's car and bounce off the windshield and hood without the driving realizing something serious happened. Even the fact that she bounced off to the side of the road would have made some impact--not to mention that there should be some sort of damage to the hood and possibly the windshield.

Now I personally think there is a huge difference between someone accidentally hitting a person and knowingly leaving them to possibly die and a person who panics after they find out that they hit a person not coming forward. Leaving a person to die is callous but to panic after you learn that you committed a crime is human.

• Members
I could care less about anyone paying. Like JackPeyton said, its a soap and I dont expect anything to happen. Im just saying that technically it can if were to be pursued

As for, how the police would know, well thats what investigations are for. They'd look for any possible witnesses, car damage, blood (Liz's car had it), the tire track, etc... Lets say they track down teh person of the car, they can get the person for hit and run. To defend herself, I can see Liz saying she was dozing off and didnt rememebr what happened. Carly would go throguh what happeend and since talking on the phone isnt a big deal on soaps, I dont see that being held back. Monica's been drinking alot lately which Tracy told the cops and teh booze was found in the front of her car. If they can prove that her car wasnt stolen as she said, then its not too much of a stretch for them to suspect she was drunk driving. They can crack under pressure (maybe not Carly) when placed on a witness stand and harassed by a DA. Monica's a mess so I dont expect her to stand strong.

• Members

Agreed. He was practically pouring out his soul to her yesterday and she was just a blank. I'm not sure whether it's an acting choice by the actress or the PTB telling her that Lulu/Johnny are the future. But right now it just looks like she's playing Logan in order to have a place to stay.

Overall, yesterday's show was kind of boring.

• Members

I really have no interest in who ran over Sam. It's just another chance for her to play victim. How many times has that been done in over the 4 years she's been on the show?

I like Marianna/Ric. But I don't like they recasted her. This one looks way too much like Sarah Brown (who was absolutely amazing yesterday, might I add.)

• Members

I asked a question that wasn't answered which is fine. I wasn't expecting an answer. You seemingly reiterated what I said but you weren't the one who said the person should be accountable so that's that/

All this is fine and dandy but based on my previous comments nothing changes. Even if they track down the person and it was either Carly or Elizabeth then neither talking on the phone or momentarily dozing off is an explanation for why either didn't feel the impact of someone bouncing off the windshield and hood of the car because that comes with a certain amount of force. Unless Elizabeth went into a deep sleep then it makes no kind of sense--which is on par with that whole stupid scene. They don't need to crack under any pressure because it was raining making the roads more treacherous and Sam was running from a killer straight into the road. It's not the fault of the person that hit her.

The question is why did the driver leave her there and neither Elizabeth nor Carly have any explanation other than not knowing she was hit which goes back to how a cell phone call or a quick doze could make a person oblivious to that.

What I disagreed with you about is that this was a crime that could lead to imprisonment and I don't see where you refuted my claim.

• Members

They should have to deal with the consequences of nearly killing a person and serve the proper consequence. Monica drove drunk, Liz was asleep at the wheel (which is considered just as bad as driving drunk) and Carly was texting, talking on her phone while driving at a high speed. The all three could easily be jailed for their actions as they were all doing things they weren't supposed to do at the wheel and as a result hit a person and nearly killed her. Moreover Sam has seemingly gone into a coma due to the hit. They do need to pay for the HIT and RUN. Because thats what they all did. They hit something and then proceeded to continue driving add the fact that they were all doing illegal actions while driving a vehicile and yes they do have something to pay for.

Well all of them believe that they hit something, and then they all proceeded to LEAVE after they believed that they hit something. That makes them all guilty for hitting something and then running after not even bothering to check out the damage or what they hit. That is a charge that could be given to all of them. Driving a sleep at the wheel is just as bad as driving drunk as both lower awareness and reaction timing. If someone was driving poorly and irradically and they were found with no alchoal in their system but were proven to be asleep at the wheel then they would have to face consequences that are equal to that of a DUI. That happended to the Cardinal's coach last March, when he was found sleeping at the wheel of the car and ran a red light and was driving irradically all over Flordia. Again using a cell phone while driving in most states not permitted and I am sure that if it was revealed that someone hit somebody and ran away and that the driver was distracted by using a cell phone that would worsen the case.

Isn't Logan mooching off of her by staying in her family house?

• Members

I think if they do fault any of the four people that we know could be the potential driver then Nikolas is the one that could be guilty and have it brushed aside. If I don't employ any logic then he hit Sam and Elizabeth hit the TMK. If I employ logic then none of them hit Sam.

Elizabeth and Carly are the only two that are oblivious to what they hit and with logic, there is no way they hit Sam and didn't feel something major happened. Monica knew she hit something and she left the car and I don't think they'd have her leave Sam to die like that. Even though Nikolas said he thought he saw Emily and it could easily have been Sam, he wouldn't have hit "Emily" and kept driving. But setting logic aside then Nikolas would be the easiest choice and Monica would be the next easiest since the blame would go to the alcohol.

• Members

Thanks for answering the question.

You're talking about an ideal situation in terms of a person's repsonse. I would think that most people driving around in the day time who hit something would then pull over and check it out. I don't think the same applies at night since there's more potential danger and certainly not on a rainy night. There are enough excuses to get around not stopping, especially if someone doesn't see that they hit someone because unless the visibility was extremely poor then a person will see who or what they hit. It's not that cut and dry unless a law is that specific and rules out any possible exceptions to stopping.

In order for a person to pay for hitting Sam then it would have to be proven that the person was at fault for hitting her. It would have to be proven that her being hit was a direct result of their negligence and this is where you and I will disagree because I say that even a drunk driving Monica would not be responsible for hitting Sam. If someone runs into the street in front of your car then you'd have to have super reflexes and stop on a dime brakes not to hit that person. I'm not saying that it's impossible but I'm saying that it is improbable that even the most alert driver would have been able to stop and avoid her on a rainy road but maybe a driver would sacrifice his or her own life to save hers. Now since she was the one running in the street then she caused her own accident but she was being chased by the killer and that would be interesting at trial.

The singer Brandy was going 65 mph on a freeway at a time when other drivers were driving considerably slower. You're supposed to be three car lengths behind the car in front of you to enable you to avoid hitting the car in the event of a sudden stop. You're supposed to adjust your speed to the flow of traffic. Her car was found to have no mechanical defects. She hit the car in front of her and caused a chain reaction and the woman driving the car ended up dead. Brandy was found to be not criminally negligent and so wasn't charged with a crime. The civil courts might find her liable for monetary damages and that's another issue. Even drunk drivers get away with short rehab stints so other than apologizing, I still don't see where a person can pay for an accident that could not have been avoided and that they did not directly cause.

Archived