GH: Week of Jan 28

• Members

That's the way I look at it most of the times (when I give it any thought). It's just today I'm thinking I'm biased just because I'm used to it being her. I'll never know unless I see it happen but I don't want to see it happen....if that makes any sense. I do think any role can be recast. It's just a matter of how well it works. We've had four versions of Carly and people have their preferences as to what worked. Three Lucky's and I am one of those who only thinks the first one worked but that's because the writing at that time was better for him and JJ was good in the role. I think once they took away what made him an interesting character and went another route it made him a weaker character. I think a strong actor with some sort of vision/versatility/range might be able to redefine him.

Back to Brenda--I'm glad they didn't attempt to recast her with RB when that rumor was floating.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too. I think the show is better right now than it has been in ages. There are a lot of characters I'm interested in now, while before I was only watching for a few. It's great to see Monica and Tracy get some real airtime for a change. I hope that trend keeps up.

• Members

The most intelligent scene on today was Tracy running it down for Monica. While I think the hospital administrator or some higher up on staff should have delivered the news, it still worked.

The best why I love the madness of soaps scene was Sam calling Lucky instead of 911. She had time to read the text messages but no time to call the police.

If they pretend that none of the potential hit and run drivers knows that they hit her they're stupid. She flew up on the car and hit the windshield so a person would have to have a blackout or have really dozed off to miss that. I'll laugh if I hear one of them say "I think I hit something."

Connie's got a secret...uhm the real reason she didn't show up that night was because she was....uhm pregnant and that baby grew up to be.... Surely they read online that people think Spinelli is Sonny Jr. and they want it to play out now. Maybe they should twist things around and make it Johnny instead. They're at least opening the door to the potential had a baby story.

Maybe Carly's driving along and senses that there's a woman from Bensonhurst in her house but why'd it have to be Sonny who conveniently shows up looking for Carly after no name sex?

• Members
you do realize that Liz does the same thing right

Easy to move on so you dont have to deal with it

As for today's show, Monica, Carly and Elizabeth were all wrong in that last segment

Carly, what the hell are you doing making a phone call while driving? Thats illegal in NY. But that aside, she actually kept taking her eyes off the road to dial the number and she didnt even have a headset!

Elizabeth has an injured leg and thats why she was in teh hospital. She should have stayed instead of running off to go find her bed buddy. She had NO business driving. She was falling asleep while driving. Thats also a crime

And the worst one of all was Monica. Drinking WHILE driving? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with her. Not only should she be sued, but she should be arrested just for that. She should know better, especially considering what happened with AJ and Jason

Sam was a fighter though. I love that about her. Most women on this show cant hold their own and she can. She pretty much fought the killer and did her best to save herself. Good for her

• Members

Sam has never blamed Liz for being infertile. She has admited to being jealous that Liz got pregnant with the child that she couldnt have, but she never said Liz is the reason she cant get pregnant. She has blamed Liz for alot of stuff, but that hasnt been one.

And Liz has also yet to own up to her stuff without blaming someone. Like Sam, she hasnt admited to anythign until she was forced to. She also fails to take full responsiblity for her actions and instead blames other people for her sins. Last year she was blaming everyone she could for her lies. Lucky, Maxie, Carly, Jason, Sonny, Sam, Ric, etc... With her, its ALWAYS someone elses fault for the reasons she does what she does.

Everyone but Sam, Carly and Maxie treat Liz like she's some type of saint when really, she is just as dirty, hypocritical, decietful and selfish like the rest. I think all that propping that they give her tends to get to her head which is why she acts so holier than thou while sitting on her pedestal

lol....I think you should have said was, bc Robin hasnt been decent in a long time. I think Georgie was the last one that fit that but she's now dead. That is unless you count Lainey or the newbies who havent had a chance to get ruined

• Members

^I agree, they've decimated the Robin character into some shrill liar. She was the only one who I saw as "naturally good", whereas Liz always came off as a condescending bitch to me who just gave off a good appearances because she wanted everyone to think of her as a saint. I agree about Georgie though, they never got to destroy her intergrity, but alas they killed her off. :rolleyes:

• Members

Liz came on the show as a manipulative bitch running schemes and fun getting in trouble and hurting people. I think people forget that. At least then she was fun bc she owned and didnt act like she was better than anyone but over the years she has morphed into a condescending witch. I think Robin was fine until she came back. She wasnt so bad until NS started and then they took a complete nosedive with her character. I dont know what happened but it was as if they were trying to make her as unappealing as possible

• Members

My memory may be quite hazy but I think the only person Elizabeth was trying to hurt was her sister Sarah mainly out of jealousy. She did cause some problems for Nikolas and Sarah then they used her rape to soften her up.

Elizabeth doesn't blame people for what she does wrong. She tiries to justify her actions by making them about her intent. There is a huge difference between the way they write Sam to blame everyone else for making her angry and thereby excusing her actions and the way they write Elizabeth to justify her actions by saying she was trying to protect Lucky. Also, there is a degree of validity in her thought pattern even though she was ultimately wrong. Sam is ruled by her vindictiveness and Jason is a lame excuse for half the things she's done.

Robin is a genuinely good hearted character no matter how they've written her lately. They haven't taken away that good heartedness. As with Elizabeth, they're giving her legitmate reasons to withhold the truth from Patrick. Is it wrong? Yes. Is it understandable? Yes, as far as I'm concerned.

Side by side: Robin is a good character that makes bad decisions, Elizabeth is a flawed character that makes bad/questionable decisions, and Sam is a poorly written character that sometimes does good things. Robin and Elizabeth are generally driven by good but sometimes selfish intentions while Sam is driven by mostly selfish and bad intentions. The writing is bad for Robin and Elizabeth as well but the advantage with them is that they are long standing characters that were defined years ago whereas they're all over the map with Sam.

• Members
She was also bitchy to Emily. They werent friends in the beginning and Liz only started to get nice to her as a way to get closer to Lucky

Sorry dont see it. Liz has constantly blamed other people for what she has done wrong. She has said that it was Sam's fault for her sleeping Jason and of course it was Maxie and Lucky's fault as well. When she told Jason about Jake, she blamed Sonny and Carly for her lie by saying it was their fault for jumping to the conclusion that Lucky was the father. She's also blamed Ric for starting all of this.

Well I wasnt talking about her right now; I was referring to NS and the months around its finale. Robin was written as a vindictive, jealous witch. She was unproffessional the way she absued her power at the hospital and was nasty to Leyla. She was lashing out and acting like a bitch to Patrick and anyone that called her out on her behavior. She was not written as the genuine good hearted character she has been known to be

and speaking of Liz, I have another problem with herr from today's show. When was the last time she even saw Cameron. He was conveneintly not around when the times Lucky brought Jake to the hospital, nor was he at the house when Liz got out of the hospital. Liz has a nightmare of Sam taking her baby, so she runs off and leaves the hospital so she can go to her sex shack with Jason? If our scared and frightened by a nightmare of someone snatching your baby, wouldnt it make more sense to be with your children since she's seen so little of both of them over the past week. Nope, Jason was the first thought on her mind and who she wanted to spend the night with. Not her children.

Archived