GH: Week of Jan 28

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOVE it! Vanessa Marcil is .. there are no words. flawless? amazing? perfection?

(tho i love the tamara braun/vaness marcil scene much more...)

and sarah brown still does nothing for me. she makes me hate carly, instead of love to hate her.

god i miss Brenda Barrett! Thats who needs to come back.

god, gh is gonna break my heart again. coopie :wub:

• Members

funny bc every Carly after Sarah Brown (with exception of JB towards teh end) has made me hate Carly. Carly used to be my favorite character and I watched the show for her and her storylines. Once Tamara took over, I absolultely hated the character and she's now my least favorite. I cant stand LW's version which is even worse. Too bad the show couldnt get SB back before tehy recasted the 2 last times

• Members

JB was horrid. IDK what it uis about sarah brown. i WANT to love her and jump on the SJB is amazing bandwagon, but i cant. I didnt love tams from the start, but the last year or 2 i loved her. and as for LW's carly, i like her. i dont love her, but i dont hate her.

did anyone else notice that when maxie is screaming everyone just kinda stands downstairs. no oen runs up there til jason busts in. wtf. i know they ahte maxie and all but... thats kinda cold. tho i guess i will have to watch it play out because jason could be there like a sec after she screams.

• Members

I liked the way SJB played Carly but I didn't like Carly (except with Sonny) when she played her. When TB played Carly, I actually liked Carly and it may have been because she brought a level of maturity to the character which made it seem as if Carly had grown on some levels. To me LW looks older than both and Carly seems to have regressed with her in the role. I know the writing is the main culprit but interpretation means something as well. Carly should probably be in her early thirties which might make her antics easier to overlook. Because she looks much older than that, her antics seem all the more ridiculous. I know age doesn't guarantee maturity but if they wanted Carly to remain static in behavior, they should have gone with a different recast and created a character for LW.

• Members

Liz came across as a biyatch today. She is hte one that started this stuff with Sam today. She had NO business throwing Sam out of the house. Its not her home and Lucky left her there. I understand she doesnt want Sam around her son and if thats teh case, then Liz should have taken him to Audrey's place and left Sam alone. The roles are reversing and its Liz who now needs to move on. Either tell Lucky what Sam did or shut up about it. I think it gives her pleasure having this to hold over Sam's head. She keeps whining about how Sam is a danger to her kids and gets mad when she sees her near them, yet doesnt do anything about it. I thin part of it is also bc she hates to see Sam possibly happy with Lucky which is why she's blackmailing her.

Has Sam been a bitch? Of course she has. A pretty vicious one at that. But since Lucky had that talk with her a few weeks, she has not been nasty to Liz or Jason. She is trying to move past her anger and she's focusing on Lucky and leaving those two behind. She was being nice to Liz today but Liz kept going at her and everytime she sees her, she calls Sam bitch, ho, slut, etc...and most times its warranted, but hat wasnt necesary today as Sam was not coming at her.

Sam has been showing signs of change where Liz is concerned and gets absolutely no credit for it. The only reason Liz was able to get help for her injuries and have Jake treated was bc of Sam. Did Liz ever even say thank you? Of course not. When Sam saw Liz in pain and looking dazed today, she was concerned for Liz and offered to stay around to help her. When she saw Liz bleeding, she rushed over to hold her before she fell and was going to get her medical attention before Lucky came over. Sam a few weeks ago easily would have left her to fend for herself but she is trying here

On a side note, Sonny is an a-hole. WTF are they doing with him and Kate?

• Members

The writing is so terrible that I hate to say anything that would seem to defend it which is not my intent. I do disagree with you regarding Sam and Elizabeth changing places. The one wrong thing they had Elizabeth do is attempt to throw Sam out of the house.

Sam's revenge wasn't something that just happened as they wrote her to have planned her steps. They wrote Elizabeth to just happen on Sam as she went to get her children. Even if it seems annoying, the writing is reasonable in terms of Elizabeth's reaction to Sam being around her children. What is ridiculous is that the writers haven't moved on from this lame s/l with all these lame encounters that go nowhere. There is no reason for these characters to keep crossing paths other than the desire of Frons and cohorts to perpetuate the illusion that something is happening when it's not. All it seems to lead to is frustration for some and hope for others who think it means or implies something that the writing isn't currently supporting. For instance, the writing isn't supporting that Elizabeth is concerned about Lucky's love life. They've never written her to have any kind of real reaction to Lucky sleeping with Sam. They've established that Elizabeth and Sam have contempt for each other and that's due to Jason. They compounded Elizabeth's contempt by making Sam watch Jake get kidnapped and hiring thugs. There really isn't anything they can do with Sam to minimize those two actions.

By having Lucky demand that Jason not be part of Elizabeth's life they've effectually minimized whatever Elizabeth demands in terms of Sam since Elizabeth has cause to not want Sam near her kids. In Lucky's case it comes off as jealousy and control. The fact that he knows that the TMK is after Sam but still left Jake with her also is some questionable writing. Elizabeth isn't even blackmailing Sam since all she can gain is Sam staying away from her kids. If they wrote Sam to have any kind of conscience then she wouldn't want Jason's child as part of her ready made family anyway, since she was okay with that woman taking him. I think they continue to write Sam as too much of a psycho which overshadows her good deeds.

Archived