GH: Week of Jan 28

• Members

You're talking about a teenager right? Like I said, she softened up after the rape.

We'll just have to remain on opposite sides regarding this because as bad as Elizabeth may seem to you, as an adult, I don't recall seeing the character do anything with malicious intent. She's done a lot of wrong and stupid things but as vindictive as she's gotten is issuing idle threats to Sam which is basically nothing. Now I've heard her blame Sam for what happened because Sam was blaming Elizabeth and in that situation it makes sense for her to redirect the blame to Sam. I haven't heard her just flat out blame Sam without provocation. I can't speak on her blaming Ric since I missed it. And I think I'm looking at placing blame differently than you are since I still think that she's mainly brought up the above as justification for not telling as opposed to flat out saying it's all their fault. Lucky and Maxie were a catalyst for her actions. Ultimately she is responsible for her choices but in a very big way, her choice was made as a result of what they did. I don't condone it though.

She's done some of that on GH as well but it doesn't change what I said about her. She let jealousy get the better of her and she apologized on GH (I don't know about NS). She's still a fundamentally good character and she didn't plan to dole out revenge on Leyla outside of work. She didn't come up with ways to make Patrick pay. She's had her moments but she's not malicious.

Even better why didn't Lucky bring him to the hospital and why did Lucky have Jake at the house but not Cameron? I think the writing is extremely Jake centered that Cameron is an after thought nowadays.

There are at least two ways to view the nightmare issue: get help for the nightmares (i.e., get them under control so that the children won't be frightened) or be around the children. Since the whole purpose of that little plot is to show that she's plagued and looking for a safe place then being with Jason makes sense. I'll just be a pop psychologist and suggest that the point is that she's stressed and she needs to take care of herself before she can be any good to her children. Her initial instinct was to go and get her kids and she ran into Sam so now she's on edge and she needs to calm down. Maybe Jason can offer her some support. Personally, I'd go home and hover over my children and Jason because I wouldn't play that you're dangerous but safe game at all. It's just way too stupid.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

for me, the main diff between sam and liz is that sam BLAMES people for what she does an acts as if what she did is okay because of that. liz pionts out the facts and actions leading up to what she did, not as an excuse, but as a reason. there is a huge diff between a reason and an excuse.

• Members
Liz blamed Ric last summer around the time of Jason's trial. As for Sam, she has blamed her for the ONS to other people like Jason and Lucky, which is ludicrous since Sam had nothing to do with her going over to Jason's place and having sex

Yeh thats why I said months around the finale, meaning on GH. Robin is just annoying bc she has a nasty attitude now. She snaps at people to quickly and has more "bitchy" moments now than she did in the past. No, she's not a bad person but she isnt all sweet and good like Georgie was

They explained the first part by saying Cameron was over at a friends house

Well we can agree that the last part was stupid. Lame plto device tohave her involved in the hit and run mystery

• Members

Sam vs. Liz, Part 2,560,987. Anybody out there who doesn't mind either Sam and Liz particularly? :lol: BTW, I did enjoy Sam kicking and punching the TMK. I wonder if he might be Diego Alcazar after plastic surgery? Or Zander? Great why to ruin two characters already off the canvas. <_<

I think the Kate/Sonny love child (if there is one) is Johnny Zucchini. TPTB seem to adore this character for some reason.

• Members

I really must not have been paying attention. I do notice that when it comes to Carly, Elizabeth, Sam and Lucky that their dialogue tends to be the most contradictory of all the characters. If Jason did as much talking then his probably would be as well.

Robin has always been annoying to me for the most part. She's always sounded to me as if she has a stuffy nose and she's always seems to nag men to the extreme. But I'm used to her. I don't like that whole Leyla hing and I think the snapping is better than the nagging when it happens.

Most of the show is lame but I still love something about GH and it could merely be nostalgia. I don't even want to sort out the why. As of now, I can't claim to really like any specific character. I don't even hate any of the characters--no matter how annoying. I do, however, find a number of them to be useless but almost any of them could leave without the show missing a beat. The romance and adventure that defined GH went away quite some time ago.

• Members

If Sam was so big on admitting her mistakes, why did just the other day Sam try to spin what Liz told Lucky as Liz lying and not wanting Lucky and Sam to be happy? That bitch had no intention of telling Lucky what she did to the boys. She was begging and pleading Liz not to tell her dirty little secret when every five minutes she was in Liz's face telling her that she was gonna tell Lucky the truth about Jake.

• Members

Sam wasnt goign to tell before. She was afraid. But then she had that talk with Alexis on Wednesday and she told Sam that she had to be completely honest with Lucky. Thats exactly what Sam was planning on doing as she was going to confess but he admited that he already knew before she could get the words out

• Members

If there was something in that scene to support this I'd agree with you but apparently somewhere in between the scene with Alexis and the scene with Lucky, the confession went out the window. The only thing she confessed was her feelings. The dialogue you quoted is ambiguous because it sounds more like the truth was how she feels about him not what she did. During that whole scene she had ample opportunity to confess but after uttering those words she told him that he can't believe what Elizabeth says. I don't see how that substantiates what she was going to do. Lucky spoke slowly enough that she had time to jump in and beat him to the punch but she didn't bother.

That scene played out as if she were only planning to say that she had developed unexpected/planned feelings for him in the middle of her scheming---not as if she were planning to come clean. They deliberately wrote it that way with the intent of giving him reason to dismiss her. Clearly she had plenty of time to interject and by saying that Elizabeth was lying without knowing what Elizabeth had even said points to her not planning to tell.

• Members

i agree

this is what it comes down to for me is that did sam want to tell lucky? yes. did she no

furthermore, the entire liz vs sam thing - did you see how liz told lucky? he over heard, he knew, he begged her to truth him tol be an adult and tell him the truth and let him decide. she did. she really was conflicted, she wnated that sknaky bitch away from her kids, and who can blame her?, but she didnt want lucky hurt again. thats why i can support liz. shes a good person, who screws up. sam is a horrid person who sometimes does the right thing.

Archived