Days: Does Hogan Sheffer Want To Return?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've enjoyed Days so much lately. It's the only soap I watch now. I can't believe they handed it over to The Hack. I can't imagine HS coming back and I can't believe Ed Scott would stay. In my opinion any or ALL three of the ABC soaps would benefit from hiring either HS or Ed Scott.

• Members

I dont see Hogan returning to the P&G soaps. He costs too much. Isnt that why he was let go at ATWT?? I doubt the P&G have money to pay him. Unless he serves other than HW duties. I can see him on GH but not AMC. Although he would have Erica burned in a boathouse explosion. :lol:

• Members

I don't know if I can see Hogan anywhere after DAYS to be honest. If he costs a shitlaod of money, who in their right mind would want him? GH is quite content with Guza and as long as Frons is there, Guza will be employed. AMC, I'm convinced ABC is trying to kill that show anyway...

But really, Sheffer was only good for like one and a half years at ATWT. The fact that he has 4 Emmy's to show for that stint and Douglas Marland has none for his ATWT stint is a crime in itself. Sheffer is OVERRATED and has been for quite some time. However, I think his poorly received first year at DAYS has hurt his reputation a bit.

• Members

Man, I'm negative these days, but I thought his run at ATWT was torturous and his time at Days has been marked by inaction. He talked a lot about grounding the show and bringing back family and character-based storytelling, while doing literally nothing. It's honestly only improved with Ed Scott, and even that took months... and still isn't nearly as dramatic a difference as I'd expect. Perhaps Days truly is Ken Corday's bitch, and no HW on earth can change it.

• Members

ITA Y&RWorldTurner. SON was pro-Sheffer during his ATWT stint, but other boards with longterm viewers really detested him.

I think that overall he is a better fit for DAYS and he has done a lot of terrific things there, but his inadequacies continue to shine through.

• Members

I think he will be back.

A few months ago, not a chance. I think he wants to come back. He has something to prove after his up and down stint this far and his stories were just getting going and finally coming together when he had to go out on strike. He will want to fix them and try to show what he can do so I think we will see him return after the strike, at least for a little bit and maybe then he will leave if things get to be too much. Plus, Tom Casiello, a member of his writing team, seems pretty certain in his comments that he is coming back after the strike. Sure, things can change but still.

I think Ed wants him and Sony wants him. I'm sure Corday may or may not. Who knows. In the Fall previews, he spoke of Hogan like he did JER, praising his stories. Of course, Corday hated JER so that isn't much to go on but still.

Plus, with Higley being outed by Hinsey in that article, would Corday still want her around if she gets kicked out of the Guild? Sure, Days never gets any awards anyway but still. I mean, I haven't ready anything about Higley going Fi-Core but based on Hinsey's article and stuff all over the net, it's pretty much a given it's Higley and it seems like Corday brought her on maybe just for her to write during the strike. I mean, word of her hiring came two weeks before the strike and why do that knowing there is a strike unless her only purpose is to write during the strike. I also think she was the only one to go out on a limb and write during the strike, figuring she had nothing to lose anymore after her poor stints at Days and OLTL.

I also can't see Hogan wanting to leave that much money behind nor can I see Corday making him leave when there is alot of money involved and there also seems to be a commitment to trying to maintain quality. He brought in Hogan and then Ed so I think Sony wants a certain quality level. I just get a sense Hogan will be back now, especially in light of Higley being exposed.

I also don't understand why some believe Higley will bring her own people to the writing team. Why? Did Meg Kelly do that as co-HW? I know she and Hogan worked together at ATWT so he brought her over but I don't see how it can be assumed she will bring anyone. Even if she did, I think Hogan would be ok with it providing he still had some of his people.

• Members

As Toups pointed out, Higley isn't a weak co-HW in the Donna Swejeski or Scott Hamner sense, she has equal power with Hogan. Hogan didn't hire Dena, Corday did and with her on his side she had authority to bring in whoever the hell she wants. Also, do you honestly believe Dena won't at least hire her husband who worked with her on both DAYS and OLTL?

Archived