Y&R Cast Ages

• Members

Fascinated by that B&B post, I quickly did the IMDB search (which I realize may shave some years off) for Y&R. I find it interesting, especially since we debate ages so much on here.

The first row shows you the format, the remaining rows show you the data, with the last element on each line being the age (2008 - birthyear, which may--this early in the year--add an undeserved year of age to some of the cast members).

Star Name; Character Name; IMDB Birthyear; Calc Age

Hunter Allan*; Noah Newman; 1997; 11

Christel Khalil; Lily Winters Romalotti; 1987; 21

Bryton; Devon Hamilton; 1986; 22

Tammin Sursok; Colleen Carlton; 1983; 25

Vail Bloom**; Heather Stevens; 1982; 26

Michael Graziadei; Daniel Romalotti; 1979; 29

Adrienne Frantz; Ambrosia "Amber" Moore; 1978; 30

Greg Rikaart; Kevin Fisher; 1977; 31

Thad Luckinbill; J.T. Hellstrom; 1975; 33

Eyal Podell; Adrian Korbel; 1975; 33

Joshua Morrow; Nicholas Newman; 1974; 34

Amelia Heinle; Victoria Newman; 1973; 35

Sharon Case; Sharon Collins Abbott; 1971; 37

Daniel Goddard; Cane; 1971; 37

Tammy Lauren; Maggie Sullivan; 1968; 40

Lauralee Bell; Christine Blair Williams; 1968; 40

Kristoff St. John; Neil Winters; 1966; 42

Michelle Stafford; Phyllis Summers Newman; 1965; 43

Tracey Bregman; Lauren Fenmore Baldwin; 1963; 45

Don Diamont; Brad Carlton; 1962; 46

Nia Peeples; Karen Taylor; 1961; 47

Vincent Irizarry; David Chow; 1959; 49

Victoria Rowell; Drucilla Winters; 1959; 49

Eileen Davidson; Ashley Abbott; 1959; 49

Christian LeBlanc; Michael Baldwin; 1958; 50

Melody Thomas Scott; Nikki Reed Newman; 1956; 52

Patty Weaver; Gina Roma; 1955; 53

Doug Davidson; Paul Williams; 1954; 54

Peter Bergman; Jack Abbott; 1953; 55

Jess Walton; Jill Foster Abbott; 1949; 59

Kate Linder; Esther Valentine; 1947; 61

Judith Chapman; Gloria Fisher Abbott; 1945; 63

Eric Braeden; Victor Newman; 1941; 67

Jerry Douglas; John Abbott; 1932; 76

Jeanne Cooper; Katherine Chancellor; 1928; 80

* No imdb age for Hunter Allan. I estimated that he was about 11 years old, based on both appearance and on-screen age

** No imdb age for Vail Bloom. She graduated with her bachelor's degree in 2004. I estimated that she might be 22 years old at time of graduation, which is why I pegged her birthyear at 1982.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me also add that there are a few places where the character/age breakdown is, in my view, particularly egregious.

Daniel Goddard is playing too young for his age, kinda. Philip III was born in 1976 (which would make the character 32...consistent with a reasonably mentioned age on the show), but most other characters born then or since have been SORASed. It would actually be better to let Cane be in his late 30s, like Goddard is, but I guess that makes him even less suitable for a romance with Lily, etc.)

Vail Bloom is too young to be an assistant DA. Even if we accept an assistant DA in her late 20s or early 40s, Vail is too young.

It gets trickier when they put her in a romance with Michael Graziadei's Daniel. Michael and Vail are the right age to be coupled. But Daniel is only about 19, and Heather is in her late 20s. (Heather's character was born in 1979, which would make her 29, if--like Cane--she was not SORASed).

The poor age match of the CHARACTERS could jeopardize, I fear, a promising on-screen romance between Bloom and Graz.

And they really have to keep Goddard apart from Khalil. I actually see a modicum of chemistry between them, but there is a near-20-year age difference in real life (and over a decade in show time), and that really kills that relationship for me.

I'm not actually hung up on age. My partner is 6 years older than me. But it doesn't work on the screen, in my view.

• Members

Character and actor age often don't match.. not even close.

the list is also not quite correct... Vincent Irizarry is 48 (his birthyear is 59 but he was born at the end of the year and just turned 48). I assume it's the same for some of the others.

As far as Heather.. they said she was made ADA not long out of school.... she was roomate to Adrian's student and that was only a few years ago. So she easily could be mid twenties. Daniel Goddard is older than Cane.... Cane's age on air was given as 31.

I don't bother trying to connect actor age with character age for most characters- with all the SORASing and de-SORASing it seldom makes sense, anyway.

• Members

Without SORASing, Heather is in her late twenties, so Vail Bloom is the right age. Daniel Goddard and his overrated Cane will never been Phillip to me. Phillip should be the same age as Nina and Cricket, which would be around 40. He should be American. He shouldn't be dating immature 12 year olds like Lily, he should be involved in adult storylines with characters in his age range. If they want a Chancellor for the teen set they have Billy and Phillip IV. Can you imagine if Phillip IV ever returned? His almost father would be hanging out with and dating the same people! If they wanted to do this horrible story, I'd haveThom Biertz back as a dead ringer or Billy Warlock which would've been brilliant casting.

Amazing seeing the ages and how much younger the cast looks. I recall a hilarious scene where Dru and Nikki were arguing and Nikki calls Dru "young lady." lol

Archived