OLTL/Y&R: Article about the possible spin-offs from TV Guide

• Members

I know all that but if he wants it, he will get it. Frons has gotten everything else he wanted.

I don't want Days there but I think it's very realistic. I think Sony would push for it and it would happen somehow.

We'll see. I don't want to make this into a Days thread because this is more about OLTL and Y&R and how atrocious these spinoff ideas are :lol:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry AMC fans but I can't blame him for not wanting to put resources into a show thats not doing too well right now...

However both of those ideas for spin offs are beyond stupid. Especially the OLTL one. Frankly I don't know what I would do if I were to sit down and think of a spin off for OLTL but I do KNOW that I would NOT focus no McBain...probably the most annoying character on OLTL right now for me.

As for Y&R they could focus more on the business aspect...or maybe the athletic club and the stuff going on there. However as much as I love Phyllis and Nick that would be a dumb thing to build a whole spinoff around...especially if you through Sharon into it.

I personally would love to see a Y&R spinoff focusing on the athletic club with Colleen, Lily, Cane, Amber, Daniel, and the other young ones. Could be hot. However they should also get some of the more seasoned actors/actresses involved too.

• Members

Yeah, but until that is fixed there is no need to think about a spin off. Let's fix the actual show before we dilute it's resources. I can't even imagine what an AMC spin off would be. I can't stand one more minute of Slavlee (beyond what I get on a daily basis). I love Adam, but I'm not sure writing a show around him would work.

• Members

I agree to a point. The GH one actually made sense because the hospital side is neglected on the show and Scrubs are extremely popular (although I hate them) and get very little airtime. Perfect set up for a spin off you would think. In concept the show could have done really well, but the writing killed it in the end. The Scrubs fans seemed even more unhappy with what they got on NS, than with the nothing airtime they were getting on GH thanks to the writing. All NS seemed to do was alienate a fairly large fanbase.

• Members

Lol what!?

#3 or 4 for weeks in a row isn't doing well? After Y&R and B&B?

Sorry but I just don't see how you equate that with not doing well...if GH were in AMC's place I'd say the same exact thing. Just like a spinoff for Days isn't exactly what I would be expecting anytime soon if I were a big fan of Days.

And OLTL has been getting a lot of good reviews lately from what I'm hearing so it makes sense that they want to ride that good fortune and perhaps build on it with a spinoff. The key though is doing it the right way.

Personally I didn't watch Night Shift. I tried to get into it but the fact that it seemed to be occuing in some "alternate universe" didn't really mesh well to me. And like Juliajams said it basically ended up rubbing me the wrong way.

I think the concept of a spinoff is good but it has to be done in a very specific right way and only with the right shows. AMC isn't a show I would consider doing a spinoff off considering its current state. Blame it on whoever you want (I don't care...Frons isn't my family) but the ratings aren't there in their minds most likely...hence they're not gonna think about it.

• Members

I don't know about all of vous, as Marlena Delacroix might say, but if there must be an OLTL spinoff, I'd rather it be about the regulars at Viki's most recent stomping grounds, the Bonjour Cafe in Paris, TX, than about that pathetic drip John McBain, who literally sucks the drama out of every scene he's in.

And instead of Nick/Phyllis/Sharon (and Jack), why not set Y&R's potential new spinoff at Crimson Lights, or Fenmore's department store? Heck, even a show about Neil's beloved jazz club would be more interesting.

Archived