2008 Daytime Emmy Calendar

• Members

http://www.emmyonline.org/daytime/35th_Ann...e_Rulebook.html

Nominations Announced on April 20, 2008

35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards - June 20 2008

Broadcast by ABC from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.

The Creative Daytime Emmys will held in New York at Lincoln Center - June 13 2008

For someone who lives in New York, it sucks that the award ceremony is in Los Angeles again next week. More so that I don't think the Emmys might be around much longer of these shows start going off the air.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm, I though the Emmy's were going back to NYC this year, I guess Robin Strasser was wrong when she said that...

Nominations are announced on April 20th? Wow, that's late, usually they're announced in early March. I guess since they're tinkering with the Emmy selection process, it was bound to be delayed.

• Members

I'm glad they're keeping it in June, which saw a boost in ratings this year. I think keeping it away from all the highly promoted primetime series help the show. I just hope ABC does a two hour show, instead of that over the top mess they did last time.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of the LA based Daytime Emmys...when it was in NYC it just seemed more glamorous. And yes, I sure hope the 08 ceremony has more dignity than this years did because it was *bad*. Especially that set! And the fan zone! Ugh!

Give me a simple stage with decent lighting and a slew of video montages and I'm happy.

• Members

i agree that in NYC it was much more GLAM than in Hollywood, but still. since i live in cali and go to it im happy. and i do like the fan zone thing they do. it is lame, but fun for fans who get to go.

i am kinda suprsied tho. because only yr days bb and days tape in l.a. ... atwt oltl amc and gl tape in nyc. i know its 4 vs 4, but we all Days stars dont really go anymore, bb has a small cast. and the east coast soaps usually dom in nom's.

and i agree - the entire 3 hour primetime lineup should be long to daytime. id love to see a 2 hour show along with some kinda recap of something, a classic episode from a year when a soap won the emmy, the view with soap stars, something.

Archived