Lady in the Water

Joshua

• Members

I had heard nothing about this movie until I saw the teaser this past weekend during the previews of Harry Potter.

I was first intrigued when I saw that Paul Giamatti was in it. I love his work. The teaser was really well-done. They start off by showing Paul Giamatti's character--who I believe is a landlord--living a typical life. Then the screen turned black, M. Night Shyamalan's name came onto the screen and Josh Groban's song "Mi Mancherai" began to play...the theater went quiet. You then see the landlord working in his home at night (in the background) as there's a disturbance in his pool. If I remember correctly, the teaser ends when we hear Pauls' voice ask, "How many of you are there?" or something to that effect.

I'm very curious about this movie.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I think this one's going to be good. I have gathered this from my viewing abilities and scientific study.

The Sixth Sense (absolutely great)

Unbreakable (terrible)

Signs (stunning)

The Village (stunningly bad)

Lady in the Water (probably brilliant)

From what I have gathered, the movies that he has made after his bad ones are usually the best. So I conclude that Lady in the Water will be an instant classic and whatever movie he makes after it will be [!@#$%^&*].

• 1 month later...

Archived