GH: Week of Nov 26th

• Members

Theres alot more to it and you know there is. Would Edward or Alfred have any reason to beleive they were the father? Um no. Lucky was married to Liz when she was pregnant and he assumed he was the father, as he had no other reason to. Liz told him he was teh father and she let him think he was teh father. After finding out about her infidelity, he asked her point blank and she lied to his face and said he was the father. She perjured herself on teh witness stand by saying he was the father. Lucky had NO reason to beleive otherwise. She made him the father of that baby when she could have easily told him he wasnt back when she took the paternity test, back when she asked him to forgive her prior to their 2nd marriage, or back when he asked her. 3 perfect oppurtunities to tell him the truth and she failed to take any of them. He has gotten used to the fact that he was Jake's father for over a year now and has been bonding with him since the kid was born 6 monhts ago. This is all because Elizabeth allowed it to happen. Its not fair to either men or the kid to play musical chairs with fathers and she created a big mess here.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's episode was good. Props to Leslie Charleson for giving it her best shot and boy did she deliver!

Jackie Zeman seems to be laying off the facial fillers. For the 45 seconds she was onscreen I think she looked great. I sure miss the days when Bobbie Spencer actually had something to do on this damn show.

• Members

I still think what you said was funny. Lucky is not Jake's father just because Elizabeth said so. The point of what I said is that her word doesn't make anyone the father of her child. The legal and biological relationship to a child has nothing to do with the words of the mother. You repeated what I already said only you added instances where she had the opportunity to tell Lucky the truth but none of that diminishes the fact that her word doesn't make him Jake's father. He's legally Jake's father because she was married to him when she gave birth to Jake and that's the only reason he's Jake's legal father.

All three of them can go round and round on the merry go round for the next several months if that's how the writing goes but ultimately Jason is going to end up being part of Jake's life. They can bore me into a coma over how Jake will be safer with the world believing Lucky is his father because it's not going to last for too long. The only question is whether Lucky will still be a part of Jake's life after they're done playing this little game. The more interesting story would be if Cameron were the focal point of this custody drama but that can't be because the story they're telling is about daddy Jason and how much he loves his son.

• Members

No, Lucky isnt Jakes father because Liz said so. Lucky is Jakes father because he has raised him since he was born. He has loved him. He has taken care of him. He was lef to belive he was the father. Plus He was married to her when she gave birth - that does give him legal rights to the child. He is Jakes father just like he is Cam's father. However for him to go around acting like a saint and playing the poor me Liz is evil act is a joke and utterly pathtic. i hate how he doesnt admit to his role at all in anything.

yay for a sam free day! so glad. i love how much she "cares" about lucky and nick - yet she is nowhere around at the funeral.

LC was FIERCE!!! i loved it. Blaming Sonny i can understand. I dont agree with, but i understand. I also loved the scenes between Sonny & Kate once again. The only thing i hate about Kate is that she has somehow made me like Sonny.

The scenes between Monica & Michael were good as well. I wish they would have Carly bring Mike around more now that shes with Jax.

The scenes between Liz Lucky & Nick were perfection. Leslie & Monica, Monica & Bobbie, Edward Dillon Ned & Monica. Perfect as well.

the only issue i have was the maxie/dillon thing - aside from twords the end when Dillon cheated on his wife, her sister, when did Maxie not like him? Hell she is the one who somehow made Mac see the love he and georgie had. Maxie may be mean and hate almost everyone, but her relationship with dillon was a nice odd friendship. but whatevs. and where was Robin?

• Members

You are taking my words way too literal then. I dont know how else to explain it

and that only happened bc Elizabeth lied. The only reason Lucky has raised, loved, cared for and led to beleive he was the father was bc of Elizabeth's failure to tell the truth. And Lucky does admit to his faults. He got lied to and decieved here plain and simple. Thats something for Elizabeth to own up to and take responsibility for, not Lucky as he has over and over again for his own sins

The only issue Maxie had with Dillon was his treatment of Georgie. Dillon was shocked by her kindness today and she said she never hated him, just his hair. She seems as if she's been fine with him aside from the Georgie marriage bit

• Administrator

Thank you Tracey Thompson for writing this. :)

Monica: "I need the Jason that I had before you made him a criminal. I need the AJ I had before you hounded him to death and I need Alan whose heart you broke before his heart should ever have failed. I need Michael who you stole from me and my family. And I need Emily who you seduced and you left unprotected so one of your rivals could have her murdered. I hope you rot in hell for what you have done to me and my family. You are an evil selfish man, Sonny. And I really hope that one of your enemies tracks you down before you destroy your family like you have destroyed mine. Now get out."

• Members

That's just the thing.....it was funny to me as stated.....no explanation needed.

The other thing that's funny tv/movie drama always makes it sound like so much went into raising a six month old. I would venture to say that all the work is in feeding, bathing, changing, and burping the baby. It's dramatic to say someone raised a child from birth when said child is still a baby. The adult is defintitely more attached to the child than the other way around at that stage.

Lucky's an adult. He can adjust to separating himself from a baby much more easily than a child will adjust to learning that his real father isn't raising him. Besides since Elizabeth and Lucky are getting divorced then there is no reason why Jason can't have the same type of visitation rights since his presence in Jake's life is not going to break up a happy home.

It's not nice being lied to but if they want to show that Lucky loves Jake then he'll set aside his anger and jealousy and insist that Jake should bond with his real father. If he wants to remain daddy on paper in exchange for visitation rights and they can come to terms then that's fine and dandy but if his solution is that Jake has no contact with Jason then he's not considering what's best for Jake, only what's best for him and his ego.

• Members

I agree, it just seemed as if Dillon thought maxie was this shew to him when she wasnt. ever.

okay. i disagre. and im a huge liason fan and want them to have jake - but you couldnt be more off and wrong IMHO. Lucky is Jakes dad. Just like Monica was Emilys mom, Sonny is Michaels dad, etc... All they need to do is put some depth into lucky. he says one thing and acts another. it just doesnt work for me for that reason. it comes off as selfish and jelous, not love and worry for his son. this storyline SHOULD be about Cam tho.

• Members

I'm afraid I completely disagree.

It's true that Emily made her own choice to be close to him. And if she had died back when she was drooling all over him and living in his house, I might be able to see at least some of your point. But she didn't die because she was close to him. Assuming that Zacchara killed her, she died because Sonny's business has brought constant violence to port Charles.

I think that Monica is completely justified in looking at Sonny, a man who stole her son and her grandson, and destroyed the life of her other son, and realizing that he has stripped her of everything she held dear. She is a woman who has endured unbelievable amounts of loss, and Sonny is the root of so much of that loss.

He may not be directly responsible for Emily's death, but a man like him is, and it's Sonny's fault that he came to Port Charles.

Monica's seething rage is not only justified, but long overdue.

• Members

People hate Sonny because he is a cancer that has slowly made is his way through PC, infecting everyone that crosses his path. How many people have died because of Sonny, or because of their connection to him? I know it's more than I can count on one hand....

Monica's reaction is that of a grieving mother, a mother who feels she has lost all of her children to this man. A lot of what she said is anger, and probably guilt on her own end. It's the same reaction any person would have, given her history with Sonny.

And as far as Lucky being Jake's father....he is Jake's legal father. He's on the birth certificate, he's raised Jake as his own since he was born, and in the court of law, he is his father. If Elizabeth were to declare Jason his father, she'd go to jail for perjury. Of course on this show, this means absolutely nothing, as they are perfectly content with bypassing the law to justify a plot point in a story.

• Members

i agree - but only because she is the state she is in. to blame sonny for everything is lame. her son AJ was far from some perfect person who was kileld by the big bad sonny. her other son chose the lifestyle he leads now. i dont see him as "stealing" michael at all - but i could see that blame placed on carly. and if we are playing the blame game on who comes to town for who, then isnt Jax to blame for the metrocourt? and that killed alan. so Jax killed alan.

I agree, Lucky IS jakes father - however what i dont belive is that he wants jake to protect him. he wants Jake to spite Elizabeth and get back at Jason. He is legally jakes father tho. However, didnt Liz & Lucky divorce already? was it final? did they work out a cust agreement? if so the scales to tip twords Jason. but then again Law's differ in every state. and this is a soap opera.

• Members

I can't properly respond to you because I'm not sure what you're saying I'm off and wrong about unless you mean I'm off and wrong about everything I said. I didn't say anywhere in that specific post that Lucky is not Jake's father but I did say that he should want Jake to bond with his real father. So are you saying that Jason is not Jake's real father or that Jason should not bond with Jake or something else?

Also Monica being Emily's mother doesn't take away from the fact that Emily had a mother that she knew and loved who died. Nor does Sonny taking Michael as his son negate the fact that Michael had a father who wanted to love and raise him either. Emily's situation was cut and dry since Monica only became her mother because Emily's real mother died. AJ was cheated of the opportunity to get to really bond with his son and vice versa because Carly and her cohorts wanted to do what was best for her not Michael as they claimed. Having Jason go to AJ's grave and apologize de facto only emphasizes that.

Are you disagreeing with this:

or this?

Archived