GH: Week of Nov 26th

• Members

This is the one part of your post that I don't really understand because I think it's easy to see why Monica lashed out at Sonny based on what she said to him. Now you obviously don't agree with her but at least you might be able to see her point. People hate Sonny because he introduced a lot of violence into their lives that might not otherwise have been there. I am only saying might not because there are no guarantees that they couldn't have met with violence totally unrelated to his line of work but by his own admission on yesterday's episode, he is responsible for a lot of pain that he would have killed someone for bringing to him. He doesn't warrant any empathy because he's making a conscientious decision to do what he does.

You're right in that they are adults who made informed decisions about becoming involved with Sonny and he didn't force them into it. He's upfront with people about the dangers involved in being associated with him. Technically they made their choices.

As for whether or not one wants to blame Sonny for this specific instance, it depends on how someone wants to look at it.

One could go the way of Sonny being in the mob and AZ being in the mob and any resulting death indirectly tied to mob associations should be blamed on Sonny.

Or if you want to look at the specifics of this situation you know that AZ went to the party to kill Lulu as his way of protecting Johnny. Had Johnny not made contact with Lulu then AZ wouldn't have been on the loose.

But you can still tie it back to Sonny since Trevor is responsible for AZ's interest in PC anyway since Trevor wants to bring down Sonny. It's a personal vendetta. So Sonny is just a magnet for destruction and the fact that he doesn't intend for most things to happen doesn't negate the fact that things happen because of him.

Legal paternity isn't going to change on Elizabeth's word. There would have to be a legal fight to change that but I wouldn't rely on GH for a realistic portrayal of this situation since they'll modify legal decisions to suit whatever dramatic effect they seek. They had a similar s/l on SVU last night with the father finding out that he wasn't the biological father by accident. The child was about six or seven and the child's mother and biological father were having an ongoing affair that lasted years. In essence the poor man was footing the bill for his wife's deceit including motel trips. Since the man was legally the father, he would have been made to pay child support while the biological father had access to the child via his mother. The wife filed for divorce, the biological father filed for custody, and the man killed his wife. With a dead mother and soon to be incarcerated or institutionalized father, the biological father would no doubt have been awarded custody.

You can almost guarantee that by time they get done with this madness on GH, some will wish that Cameron and Jake could be emancipated and take care of themselves.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for all the replies/explanations/clarifications. Suffice to say that I do understand some of your points (Wales I def get what you're saying).

As for toays episode....umm yeah I cried....A LOT.

Elizabeth had me bawling. Edward had me sobbing. Monica and Jason both had me sad as hell.

Just an overall good episode that was well balanced between the the 3 main settings.

Loved Scrubs today...but I still hate Patrick with a passion. Robin deserves way better.

They just had to show Nikolas and Emily dancing one more time didn't they? What am I talking about I loved it.

LIASON... :P !

• Members

Elizabeth was sooo heartbreaking. The entire show today was great and sad and amazing. I loved her speach's to Edward & Monica. Love her or hat her in her current state or over all, Elizabeth was the best non-Q person to speak at Em's funeral. also glad she said summen about Jason because Em did love him. lucky, em, liz, and nick... ill miss them. liz was so right. 4 diff people, from 4 diff lifestyles, all come together. im so glad they showd Alfred was there.

and wow. GH really coulda resurged the hospital side of this show with Emily, Liz, Robin, Lainey, Kelly, Patrick, the others. All being watched over by Bobbie. and making Monica Chief Of Staff. so much was lost.

I also loved the Johnny/Carly talk. wow Mikey is gonna be a crazed killer in a few years. and that little kid has it down! i loved Carly & Lulu's scenes as well. I love there relationship. I really do love LW in the role. I wish they would eally keep Carly away from the mob side.

the only down side of the show was spam mcwhore had to show up.

• Members

I wasnt saying you were off or wrong about anything, i was replying to what i quoted above what i posted. lol.

I personally think Jake should be with Jason, not Lucky. However i can see and understand Lucky not wanting Jake, who he feels IS HIS son, to bond with Jason, even tho he IS the bio-father, because Jason's life does bring danger. I know plent of step-parents who dont want there childern to meet let alone bond with the biological parent. But this story isnt being told from a real life way, so none of that matters.

actually this entiore sotryline is crap. we all know Liz is gonna get Jake, Jason will raise hime, Lucky will have visits with Cam.

I love Patrick. He is real and honest about not wanting a child. no matter what love is between him and robin, Robin wants a child, Patrick does not.

• Members

I don't know if I think that Jake should be with Jason. I guess that depends on where Elizabeth is. I do think that Jason and Jake should have some type of relationship though. I'll throw in that some adoptive parents probably don't want their kids to meet their biological parents either, while others know that the desire to do so is inevitable.

ITA with you that the s/l is crap because no matter how much longer they drag it out, in the end Elizabeth will get both of her kids and Jason will be part of Jake's life. What Lucky ends up with is going to depend on the sequence of events that lead up to Jason finally being part of Jake's life. I don't mind the drama and who knows the pacing might be quicker than I think. I do expect them to forget/ignore most of the "facts" they put forth the last time around.

That's what made their break up a good one....the honesty. But then it went downhill from there. Through it all, Patrick has been consistent about loving Robin and he didn't do anything against her that I would hold against him. The only thing I really didn't like about this s/l besides the sperm hunt is having Robin look like the odd one out. It's fine that Patrick tried to move on and thought dating Leyla was a good plan but Leyla's emotions came too quickly since their relationship is supposed to be separate from NS. Patrick did say he still loved Robin and they would have to be painting Leyla as quite stupid if she thinks he fell out of love that quickly unless she thinks she has the all powerful stuff to make him love her like that.

• Members

and people were convinced that Sam was only going to teh funeral to be a petty witch, jealous at Lucky with Liz and causing drama. Glad she did the exact opposite. She was nice, sweet and supportive and I loved her respecting Lucky's space, and allowing him to let her in. Loved their scene at the end together

• Members

I just knew that bitch was gonna make this about her some way but she didn't. I still hate her with a passion though. No doubt that soon enough Sam will make some part of Emily's death about her. Whether she's talking about Jason and Liz grieving together or what, it'll come back to being about "poor, barren, lied to by big bad Jason and that bitch Elizabeth" Sam.

• Members

i couldnt agree more. i as shcoked today she didnt run after jason, bait elizabeth, or whine about her poor barren self who was so mistreated by big bad evil jason (who she would take back ina heartbeat) and that evil lying selfish worse person to ever walk the planet bitch elizabeth.

but she didnt. today. i guess even whinny annoying selfish whores take a day off and become a decent person for a moment. who knew? if it would last like this and she took a legit like to lucky and owned up to what she did i might actually like her again.

this is such a case of great actress awful char.

• Members

I don't even know what to say about this.....

Lucky is such a waste of character and here he is with a gorgeous face and nothing else going on but being pathetic. I know it's the writing because once they brought him back from the dead, they must've decided his personality and spine couldn't be resurrected. Lucky and Elizabeth have been dead to me since she started treating him like a special needs child. All she does is enable his weaknesses. I wish they'd have a scene where someone would point that out to her so she can do that little defensive look and get over being his keeper. But first I want to see Lucky go all out and dictate to her the terms of her life and what she is and isn't allowed to do and watch her mildly protest with her facial expression before she caves in.

People claim that the women are manipulative but Lucky's right there along with them. I'm looking forward to his playing puppet master for awhile.

• Members

You can totally add me to that group and to be honest she did make it about her. The only thing I'll give her credit for was not getting up during the middle of Liz's speech and screaming, "JASON IS HERE MONICA! LOOK OVER THERE! And guess what everybody!? He and Elizabeth LOVE EACH OTHER! They've mistreated me and Lucky so horribly! Its NOT FAIR! They don't deserve to be happy!"

But then again even the most disgusting and vile of human beings is known to behave properly in a public setting.

And truth be told she still managed to make it all about her once the funeral was done. I maen the whore basically seduced Lucky when he was trying to reflect on Emily (at that restaurant). I mean really how low can you get? This is supposed to be a day of sadness and expressing grief and you're trying to distract him with her goodies.

Completely classless in my opinon.

Exactly. As soon as she finds out Elizabeth and Jason have reconnected she's gonna flip out and commence to screaming again about her "hurt and betrayed" she feels by Jason. How Elizabeth is the worst person on the planet, blah, blah, etc...

I don't even give her that much credit. I mean really she just realized where she was and how stupid she'd look if she decided dto make it all about herself at a FUNERAL of all places.

She clearly wanted to say something...I mean after all she saw Liz pause (which just screams how obsessed the whore is with Elizabeth) AND she saw Jason. So I'm willing to bet a million dollars that her blood was boiling when she made that connection.

But then the reality of the situation hit her and she realized her place.

But I don't expect her to stay quiet for long. Especially after today's episode.

I know people say they want to see Robin and Nikolas but I'm kinda interested to see Robin and Lucky! I think that would make an awesome pairing if done right! What do you guys think?

On a final note I'm completely confused as to why the hell Emily is in front of Nikolas...not really sure where they're going with that....

Overall though General Hospital is excellent. Hope the ratings reflect that.

Archived