GH: Week Of Nov 19th

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a funny business. Once you're in you can basically float from soap to soap whether you're work is good or not. I guess they hate to mess with their formula.

I can't imagine AT with Nikolas at all. I think her playing Emily having a crush on him was perfect but I can't see her as the woman who has gone through everything they've had Emily endure. I can't even count on the fact that NL is truly gone yet. With all of Guza's double talk she could be floating around, grimacing for months to come.

As currently written, I don't think he'd give up Sam for his kids. He'd rationalize it so that he could have both. He's a good father but not great. He's jeopardized the kids already with his drug habit. Would they have him do that again? Maybe. Isn't the argument that he didn't do it intentionally and it was all the drugs' fault? I expect that down the road his impaired judgment or some other unintentional act of his will put the kids at risk. I sense that they are determined to drag this s/l into next sweeps at a minimum and maybe as far as May.

I didn't see it. A friend of mine has met her and says she's very nice.

Carly is one of those roles where the recasts hasn't had an effect on how I see the character. I think it's because the writing for her has been fairly consistent. She's all about Sonny, Jason, and the designated man which doesn't change. I can't say the same about the Emily and Lucky recasts which have affected my ability to see them as part of the four friends growing up together. There was too much damage done in order to try and get viewers to totally embrace NL in the role and to fall in love with Nikolas and Emily. It's been several years since they invested in proper writing for Lucky. I didn't get past his sleeping with Sara as far as seeing anything in him and Elizabeth again. Now this version of Lucky with Elizabeth might have been okay had they left it at the addiction and dealing with that but Maxie killed it. Elizabeth's lie and his sleeping with Sam buried it. It would be nice if they'd allow Lucky to vent a little more than go about the business of making a clean break while working through his heartache. I know they won't.

• Members

YOU GO MONICA!!!!! Leslie Charleston was on FIRE! Hey, since a lot of people win Emmy's based on short reels, they need to submit this woman for Emmy consideration! Jason deserved everything that Monica dished out to his ass.

I :wub: Monica

However, I know damn well we probably won't see her for another two months. :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Edward and Monica's scenes were the best today. So sad, so powerful. Wonderful acting by John and Leslie. I can't believe Guza refuses to write for the Q's - he'd rather kill them off.

Monica: "You're everything I have left and I don't even want you anymore. Get out!! You're not my son!!!" WOW!! When I heard this line in the promo, I thought it would be Michele Val Jean or Karen Harris who would wrote those words......and it was Karen Harris. Great dialogue today, Karen! You rock and you deserve to be Head Writer instead of that hack who is currently HW.

• Members

Sam is right in that Liz is acting like she doesnt give a damn about Lucky. His life was just devasted for the 2nd time in 4 monhts bc of her lies and now his oldest friend is dead, and she doesnt even care to want to help him or even find out how he is doing. Lucky was Emily's friend too and he was Liz yet she's being so nonchalant about this. Sam is the only one that actually seems to care about Lucky's well being at the moment whereas Liz seems to act like she could care less.

I didnt like the writing of the Monica/Jason scene. She goes from being upset about Emily's death to immediately hating Jason. The scene didnt work well. The scene couldnt even be about Monica's grief over losing a daughter. Nope it had to be about Jason.

The Ed/Skye scene didnt do anything for me either bc he's disowned her about 20 times. The man is vile and hates Skye. I really wish she didnt have to grieve with him. it would have worked bettter for me, had it been Tracy there for him instead. I really hate that they didnt show Skye's reaction to the death since she and Em were sisters.

• Members

Today was probably one of the best written and acted episodes all year. The entire cast...the entire show....was just excellent. No matter how much I hate the writing of this show sometimes, they still manage to find a way to get to me. I knew the moment Jason showed up at the Q's that I was going to be a wreck. I haven't cried this hard since probably Alan's funeral.

It disgusts me that such talents like Leslie Charelson & John Ingle are only brought out for either comic relief or to make us bawl our eyes out. These scenes were excellent. Monica has finally had enough of Jason's act. He only comes by to give bad news or when someone dies. Everyone around them has died. And how many of them died directly or indirectly because of Jason and his line of work? What hell that must be for the remaining Quartermaines to struggle with caring for the man they all raised from childhood, to watch him turn into the killer that he is....struggling with those feelings of love and hate for the things he's done.

The Quartermaines are such a wonderful and rich family, yet they are being assassinated one by one, year by year. It's ashame because they only do it because they know how much these characters mean to the audience. They do it because they know how their deaths (whether we like the character very much or not) will resonate with us.

If the SON Top 10 was up and running (which IMO it should be damn it), there's no doubt that most of the GH cast will have been featured in the top 10. My goodness.....just.....wow.....

Steve Burton is at his best when he's "eye acting" as we like to call it. He's one of the only actors that can reduce me to tears without even shedding one himself. The welling, the painful stare, the pain on his face.....that is the Jason I love. Not the emotionless, blank staring killer who because through his work, has to lose everyone who means so much to him.

• Members

I just watched today's episode, and wow. It was just amazing.

Watching both Edward and Monica be forced to come to terms with yet another death was heartbreaking. I watched their scenes twice, and sobbed both times. Watching them both realize that their loved ones were being picked off, one by one, and lash out, needing to blame someone for the seemingly endless series of tragedies that have befallen them was just painful.

• Members

How revolting that the show is going to celebrate Thanksgiving for the first time in years tomorrow and they've killed off half the Qs so this once traditional occasion cant go on. All Monica has is an empty house with her and Edward and I guess Nik since it looks like he will be around her.

• Members

what an amazing episode.

those scenes with Liz talking to Emily were heartbreaking. to bad mcWhore had to come in and ruin it all. Nick flipping out was great, love that they are playing up the Liz & Nick friendship. I also loved Sam trying, and failing to help Nick. That scene where Liz told Nick this wasn't Em anymore was heartbreaking. i loved how she sat behind him and pulled him off her body and held him. that scene of Liz and Nick holding eachother as em's body is taken was soooo flipping heartbreaking.

wow. Skye telling Edward she had to tell him something. and Jason walking in as Monica is leaving a message for em - that alone was heartbreaking. i loved Edwards story as well, it was a little odd and random, but i do feel it worked. The Q's = The K's ... i was so glad he lost it and Skye held him .. oh gawd. those Monica/Jason scenes were heartbreaking. LC's gasp as Jason said Emily died. and LC was so real as she hit the floor sobbing.

I also loved Kate feeding Sonny. LOL. "I loved her once" Sonny to Kate about Emily... sonny, what woman in this town have you not loved? please. I also like that Kate kinda blames herself because she came to PC and Trevor came to help her out.

Loved Carly bawling as she walked into Jax's arms. i love these two.

loved the lulu & Luke scenes as well.

The Skye/Ric scenes and the Ric/Alexis scenes were good. Also glad Skye found out about Luke. A Tracy/Luke/Skye/Ric/Alexis/Jerry thing would rock.

the previews look amazing. Patrick telling robin he was invited for Thanksgiving dinner; jax/carly cuteness; some cute long overdue coopie scenes!!; and Monica and nick.

• Members

right. beause instead of Liz staying with Nick and grieving the loss of her best friend she should be off running around an island looking for Lucky. and when/if she found him all he would do is yell at her, call her some names, and storm off. no thanks. id much rather have Liz staying there with Em's body and trying to help Nick through this. The only thing Sam cares about is getting revenge on Liz and Jason and stringing Lucky along to use him to do it. If she really cared about him instead of hunting down Liz and trying to fight with her every moment she would be off looking for him.

• Members

Sam has been looking for Lucky. She check in with the police and she found out that he wasnt on any of the helicopters which means he's most likely on the island. Thats why she's been asking around for him.. She went back where Emily is bc she thought he might be there. He went after Zacarra and she's worried that something might have happened to him. What if he's dead somewhere too, does Elizabeth not care? She knows Zacarra was a psycho who tried murdering numerous people that night and Lucky going after him and now being missing and unnaccounted for does not bode well. She might end up burying a friend and a husband but she doesnt care about the latter. She did after all spent years loving him. Sam is the one who actually does seem concerned about him right now and is trying to find him to see how he is feeling and if he is safe.

Like always, he is an afterthought. I know if the roles were reversed, Lucky would want to be the first one to tell Liz about Emily and he would want to search for her, if there was any possibility that she could be dead out there. He nearly got himself killed going after Jerry after the hostage crisis earlier this year when Liz was unnaccounted for. Im not saying Liz needs to go out there running and looking for him, but at least show you give a damn and try and get other people to do it. Nope, Lucky hasnt been a blip on her radar. I think Sam got it right when she called her a b-tch

Archived