GH: Week Of Nov 19th

• Members

I still dont understand the blame sonny & jason game for all the q's deaths. Justus got involved of his own free will. he knew the chances and took them. aj deserved it. how did metro court happen beause of sonny and jason? emily i can understand - even tho she wasnt killed by crazyZ, IMHO.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the thing though, Trevor is actually a pretty good character. Sure he's a horrible man but he's played very well and is good for both Sonny and Ric's characters. Unless they make some radical change though, he appears to have a rather short shelf life. He's a good use of a short term character and I think if they found more of his caliber and wrote as effectively for them, it certainly takes away from the monotony of hearing about bad guys when you can see a great one in the flesh. Even AZ was portrayed very well, though I don't think the direction was anywhere near as well thought out as seems to be the case with Trevor.

The lack of balance issue is a problem with or without a bunch of new characters. The logic is always employed why bring on new characters when they're not writing for the characters they have and this indeed is a valid point. On the flipside, if they're only writing for a handful of characters anyway then why not sprinkle the canvas from time to time with new faces to freshen up the show a bit? If it were a fact that the new people are keeping them from writing for Skye, Monica, or Bobbie then I would say don't add them but it appears that they aren't going to write for certain characters no matter who is added.

I liked the infusion of the NS characters on yesterday's episode. It would be great if they would rotate the secondary characters in on a regular consistent basis like once a week. There's no reason why Bobbie can't be seen at the hospital every week or others coming to and fro. I know just having them say a line here and there is not effective use of their talent but I'd rather see some of them milling around the hospital doing something rather than nothing until tragedy strikes. Maybe she will pop up to see her sick brother instead of when they need a mother daughter scene with Carly.

• Members

It's convenient for the writers to use the mob wars as a method of killing off characters and in so doing, everything becomes directly or indirectly Sonny and Jason's fault (though I'd go solely with Sonny because it is his operation and Jason really just works for him) because Sonny built his organization in PC. If we really want to get literal then the characters were killed because the writers were through with them. Mob deaths must seem like high drama to them. Maybe they should have some people get hit by a car and some other mundane ways of dying.

Once they prove that AZ didn't kill Emily, they'll let Sonny and Jason off the hook. It won't matter if whoever did it was out to get either of them or not if it's not classified as mob related.

• Members

OK, obviously the Hitler word was me getting all het up about it and totally exaggerated. I tend to get protective of the Qs because I feel they've gotten the shaft over the past 5 years, LOL. So, I retract the H word.

But every time a Q dies (and that's happened a lot lately), Edward is always berating first Jason and then himself. He has used the word "poison" once again to describe his supposedly malign influence on his family.

Sure, he wasn't the best dad and is certainly no saint. None of the Qs are, and that's why I like them. But I just get sick of having the Qs denigrate themselves or lament their lot in life in an obvious contrast to the Corinthoseseseseseses who provide such stability for their super well-adjusted kids and love each other with their whole heart blahblahblah.

I just feel Guza is trying to make a really obvious point. Even though they are alleged mobsters who are forced to order hits on "bad people," Sonny and his ilk supposedly make better fathers than any of those "poisonous" Quartermaines. :rolleyes:

• Members

I get where you're coming from on this and ITA that Sonny is meant to look like this great guy who happens to be in this nasty profession and is supposed to be in some way viewed as entirely separate from what he does. The problem in that is what he does contributes to who he is. Now I admittedly don't take any of the mob stuff seriously because I think it's all lazy writing. They apparently can't think of another career that would cause Sonny to be complex and lead to murder(s) at sweeps or for conveniently disposing of characters. Kate is really their latest attempt at whitewashing the mob and presenting it as just another cut throat enterprise. She gets to liken his world to hers as a former magazine editor when we know that in business when they say kill the competition it's not meant literally.

The Quartermaines have just been used to show that people in legitimate business aren't any better than mob bosses with hearts of gold. In the context of the show, I don't have a problem with it because I recognize the limitations in their story telling abilities.

I don't agree with their erasing the Quartermaines and I get the feeling that down the line they're going to play tug of war with Jake to some degree. What they needed to do was get someone with fresher perspective to write Edward's dialogue so that they steered away from the repetition of having him put hinself down. I don't know if it makes that big of an impact in general though. They're not going to steer away from the golden mob boys theme at all.

• Members

I hate double posting...

I hope they don't do a tug of war with Jake. That child belongs to Elizabeth and Jason.

Todays Episode

I felt so sad for Georgie today...God I hate Maxie but for once I actually understand the girl. All that hurt and pain because Felcia. Still thought it does NOT give her the right to act like a bitch.

Still though I gained a small amount of empathy for the character.

Monica is on fire today! FIERCE!

• Members

wow, today so feels like classic GH. I cant beleive they are celebrating Thanksgiving as I think the last one was back in 2001 if Im not mistaken.

Glad to see Ned and Dillon back. I wish they could stay longer

Love the Felicia talk and how they explained her beign away. Mariah is in a nursing home so she cant use that. Felicia just abandoned her girls and Maxie has every reason to hate her.

Bobbie and Monica scene? Something I definetly was not expecting. Glad to see someone remembered they were best friends.

And Leslie? Dang, the vets are coming out of the woodwork

No, Sonny, Liz or Jason! We got Carly, but oh well

Where the hell is Lucky? He is missing and his sister doesnt seem to care either

Love the Logan/Scott bonding. Another good family moment that we dont see often. And on a shallow note, Logan is looking really good there in the black shirt

• Members

Wow- one episode featuring Dillon, Ned, Mike, Leslie, Monica, Mac, and Bobbie? Who would have thought it possible?

I think today's episode is the best I've seen in a long, long time. Bobbie and Monica's scene was beautiful, and Edward broke my heart.

I do, however, want to physically hurt Epiphany. There is absolutely no need to speak harshly to a man who practically owns the hospital, and more importantly, is mourning his graddaughter. I mean, she worked with Emily! Why is she so horrid?

Robin Christopher was amazing, once again. She was on briefly, but the tears in her eyes when she came in were wonderful. And Lila Rae is adorable!

I was also amazed at the truth telling! Thank you Monica, for comparing Zacchara to Jason, and admitting that Jason kills people for money! Thank you, Maxie, for finally acknowledgin that Felicia has been gone far too long!

And thank you, show, for letting all of our favorites out of the closet. For showing Bobbie being invited to Carly's thanksgiving, for giving us the fabulous Scorpio-Jones family, and for some tender Quartermaine moments.

Archived