SOAPnet's--"The Devil Made Me Do it"--Marlena's Possession Episodes

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is that confirmed that the decision comes in March? If it is, will NBC keep the show past the Olympics if it doesn't renew the show?

I'm not sure I want DAYS to try and goose the ratings again...I think its over for DAYS and I'd rather see them go out with some class instead of trying to recapture the magic from 93-97. I think the only person that could do that would be Jimmy Reilly...WITH restrictions. Seeing clips of PASSIONS on the internet(stuff with Pilar, Gwen, Ethan, Theresa) makes me wonder WTF happened to Reilly. I really think he didn't bother to creatively challenge himself or his staff at PASSIONS.

Corday/SONY should have offered that man the moon and the stars to stay with DAYS when his contract was up the first time around.

Besides, there's no way Hogan can write an amazing, long story arc the way Jimmy Reilly did for DAYS back then. God, DAYS was just the greatest show ever and I still get goosebumps when I see old clips from that era.

I miss the good ole DAYS!

• Members

Being up in the ratings doesn't always mean quality. Look at Y&R...<_<

DAYS doesn't need to "camp" it up, they need to go back to simplistic storytelling utlizing their wonderful cast of actors, showcasing the ones that viewers have loved for years while bringing in those that people can grow to love.

• Members

Possession was fun because it was just camp. I enjoyed the human moments more though. I didn't enjoy the Possession itself, I enjoyed the concept of the love story. That this man loved this woman more than anything. So much so, he'd sell his soul for hers. The wacky campy stuff was fun, but not why I watched.

She already did, her name is Samantha. Oops, sorry, I forget, Sami is now a saint.

• Administrator

I've been told renewal time comes in March, just like March 2003 was the renewal date back then.

The offer to create/own his own soap was too good to pass up. Would anyone pass that up for working with Ken Corday? LOL

Word!! :)

• Members

After watching these episodes tonight, I thank the Lord that JERk has nothing to do with Days anymore. If he were still at the helm, Shawn will have been revealed to be a hermaphrodite who seduced his own father and soon after became impregnated with this own son/brother.

I shudder to think that someone hasn't barred him from working at all.

The mind boggles.

• Members

I'm still bitter we didn't get that AREMID spinoff created by Reilly! He probably would have been locked solid with NBC/Corday for awhile and the ratings for DAYS/AREMID probably would have been solid.

Loved Sarah, Uncle Lou, and the Parrot Man!

But AW would have gotten the shaft alot sooner than it did.

Yeah, IMissAremid too! LOL

This is a very unpopular opinion, but if JER had never left DAYS the first time around, NBC would still have a solid soap lineup starting with DAYS, DAYS and Y&R would probably be dueling it out for first place and most importantly...we wouldn't see vets like Marlena, Bo, and Hope backburnered at the expense of Sami and the younger characters.

I give JER a living hell everyday on the boards, but I felt like, for his time, he stabilized DAYS' ratings and even increased them at a time when everyone else was dropping.

JER just didn't challenge himself as a writer once PASSIONS began and didn't give himself any restrictions at all...PASSIONS should have been a cooler, more goth version of DAYS. Instead, we got the Saturday Morning Teen Show.

I can't believe I'm defending JER, but I did enjoy DAYS and even in my older years, although I find the Possession in hindsight, to be a little silly, I can't help but to get nostalgic over it.

Everyone needs a gateway drug to get hooked on other substances. Mine was DAYS.

Archived