ATWT: Major overlooking of history

• Members

Is anyone else just totally pissed off that the writers are writing the character of Meg as if she can get pregnant, this has to be on of the worse uses of history on ATWT in a very long time, as long term fans know this character can't get pregnant, yet almost on a daily basis, they are acting like she can, we have Ro telling Craig to make sure she gets pregnant, and Meg is not saying anything like she can't. So that leaves me with the impression that the writers have totally forgotten that she can't get pregnant, and there has been no explanation of how she can now.

I really hope the writers prove me wrong about this storyline and end it before it goes any further, because I for one will be one angry fan, I don't care if Meg fans want a baby the show should come first, and it is not coming first with them changing history without explaining it to viewers.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, because we were never given an on-screen explanation of why she couldn't concieve. It's not as if her character had a on-screen hysterectomy, and the writers have just ignored that. There are plenty of women who have trouble conceiving for no medically diagnosable reason, but end up having a child.

Now, if Rosanna ends up pregnant...that I'd have major trouble with. Even though at the time, I thought that was a horribly told story. Considering she was a billionaire, no mention was ever made about trying to freeze her eggs so she could have a chance of having a biological child of her own.

• Members

I don't like it but I also don't think it is the worst rewrite in recent history. They could have easily explained it that a few years ago she found there was a procedure that could correct the problem. Technology has changed and that would be a reasonable explanation. The frustrating part is they don't bother to offer the explanation.

I find a worse rewrite of history for Carly's history changed for the beautiful baby boy story so that Gwen could be her sister. Heck they even messed with Carly's age! And then recently they introduce an older brother that was apparently raised with Gwen but yet no explanation of where he was when Carly was living with Iris. They rewrite long term and recent history for that!

• Members

Yes, it does irk me. Completely. And the show did remember as of a couple years ago b/c Meg mentioned it to Dusty when she got back to town.

So suddenly she can?

And granted, I admit, I'm a BITTER Paul and Emily fan who is still ticked they killed off THEIR baby (whether they were together or not), so yeah, that definitely has something to do with it BUT it is a history rewrite nonetheless. (But hey, if they can rewrite that? They can rewrite Jenny being dead I guess lol)

My other issue is that if they truly needed Paul or Craig in a baby story (which, for real? The show already has two, that's more than enough)...they could have a - NOT killed off Jenny, or b - brought Johnny back to town.

However, I'm holding out hope that they'll change it. Or make it a hysterical pregnancy (complete with sending Meg offscreen somewhere for good lol).

• Members

But I don't think this is really a "baby" story at all. The story itself is about the angst it will cause for the quad and not actually about the baby. This is really about Paul/Rosanna/Craig/Meg and not really about a "baby." Assuming there is actually a baby, it will disappear to the back burner just like Ethan has and not be seen for years. That is why Johnny is off screen. They don't really want to have stories about kids that age. Plus Johnny puts Dusty and Craig back in a battle and clearly they have taken the two characters in different directions.

• Members

Short Answer: NO

Meg having a baby won't be the most shocking thing to have happened on ATWT or in Daytime in general....I dunno people coming back from the dead when history says they should have died and stayed dead sorta trumps miracle babies IMO.

Plus like others have already pointed out Meg's ability to have kids has always been a shady subject from what I can recall. So its not that serious for me. Plus I love Paul and Meg together so I'm looking forward to them having a child together...hopefully the writers won't turn Meg into psycho Emily and threaten to have an abortion or something only to miscarriage or deliver a stillborn.

Archived