People & EW Preview 4 UnMastered Britney songs

Ryan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now, I'm not trying to hate on Britney... but I really wanted to hear something different and uniquely hers for this new comeback album. Reading that all these tracks sound like other artists' hit songs that I enjoyed somewhat, doesn't sound all that interesting. And it definitely doesn't make me want to shell out money for the album.

I have "Toxic" on my MP3 player, so I hope “Piece of Me” is good as it sounds like the only interesting one.

• Members

Neither can I Shawn. I think Britney is definitely doing a good thing by using the dance sounds of the 80's in some of her songs. It's what's "in" at the moment and I definitely think she needs to get people dancing.

Her producers said they wouldn't have any references to her personal life on this album, but I'm kind of glad that she is addressing it. I can see why they wouldn't want to, but in a way it showing people that she's aware of what has gone wrong with her life and is trying to fix it.

I believe "Break the Ice" is actually "Been A While". Though the one I've heard isn't finished, you can tell once it is it's going to kick ass. Break the Ice would be a great club song.

• Members

All of them sound like they sound really good. Don't believe in comparisions everyone will find some way to link one song to another. I remember several music critiques believed most of "In The Zone" sounded like Madonna's "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" albums.

Archived