Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't stand Sloane, but it makes no sense that she has dropped to 22 and continues to be beaten by lesser players. That forehand, the angles, anticipation, she moves very well, but NOTHING. A coach believes it makes them look bad when they can't take talent to the next level.

• Members

I don't know how many of you read sports journalism (I'm guessing most do) and if you're familiar with Neil Harman's work but this is quite a revelation:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports/2014/07/neil_harman_plagiarism_the_all_england_club_discovered_journalistic_malfeasance.2.html

As a writer myself, I could only imagine what it feels like to have the words that you worked so tirelessly to craft and put on a blank page, raided by someone else to be put on the pages of a book that is a collector's item and preserved for posterity with not even so much as a nod in your direction. And his excuses are a day late and a dollar short. Or should that be 3,652 days late!

Maybe because Jayson Blair dispensed with the excuses and openly admitted he'd committed plagarism at New York Times-- he got dragged. Neil Harman? Got to keep his credentials, still invited to the Champions Dinner...not so much.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Apparently Fish isn't retired yet?? He wants to make a comeback?? That's what I hear and thus maybe the doubles hook up. His story makes no sense at all. He cant play tennis because of his health yet he can play golf?? The sad truth is he couldn't handle the pressure of being the top male USA player when Andy left...so he got out of the kitchen...I noticed the last time he played at the US Open and when a hard match was coming up he would default....he couldnt handle the pressure. WTF is that??

• Members

Yeah, that was a winnable match for Venus but too many silly UEs. Serena has already silenced the chatterboxes. I didn't get to see any of the Men's matches, maybe today?

Soapsuds, Andy can be bratty at times but he seems to have a self-less reason for doing this. In an interview, he said, it didn't sit right with him that Fish had such a negative final experience with tennis and wanted to help him create a better one-- at least, that was the impression that I got.

Still, I have to side with the USTA on this one (which I rarely do as they often get many things wrong). It is too late. Al of the tennis organizations have to remain in line with WADA's drug testing policy with NO EXCEPTIONS. Could you imagine the furor, if the USTA tried to side-step this policy? Some people already think tennis players aren't tested as often as other athletes (which shocked me, since I think most tennis stars are tested very often for the last decade or so) and if the USTA or the ATP were to flout WADA's policies, it would be like catnip to the critics.

Andy could have competed had he re-entered testing at least 4 months ago but it seems he approached Fish months ago and Fish waivered and just said yes recently! Last minute guys...

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

CONGRATS Serena and Svetlana! Great wins this weekend?

Serena is slowly getting back her form. I need either Serena or Roger to give me #18!

Raonic really showed he has no game against Donald Young yesterday. Had Donald been able to pierce the Milos Raonic serve, that could have been his match, but in any event, that was a job well done for Young.

Milos, like Isner and Roddick, have nothing but a serve. It was almost embarrassing watching Milos against Young yesterday. But I love that dude's hair! Milos looks like a character out of West Side Story.

• Members

The men's final was boring....Pospisil is the better player but he was just to exhausted from the back to back to back matches. Milos only has a serve..so true..his backhands is painful to watch and the he is so slow on the court.

Canadian Open starts tomorrow at 10 am on tennis channel ....