AMC: The character of Bianca should be killed off!

• Members

Since Eden Riegel feels that she's too good for daytime and B&E have no plans to recast the very important role ( imo becasue she's a lesbian) they should have her die of cancer or something. That would give Erica years of story because she would be left to raise Miranda. Not to mention give Susan Lucci her seconf Emmy. I would love to see Erica finally raise a child. Miranda would totally gorw up to be the next Erica Kane!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see nothing wrong with Eden coming and going from the show. The returns work well for her, the show and the fans. Eden has been doing plays and looking for work since her departure from AMC. Just because she's not snapping up roles doesn't mean that she still doesn't deserve a break. Maybe she's tired of the hustle and bustle of daytime on a regular basis.

Besides, isn't she planning a wedding?

• Members

As much as I hate the constant comings and goings of the character, I think that until TPTB were committed to giving Bianca a proper story that featured her as a lesbian (rather than Bianca being a lesbian being the actual story), and stopped pussyfooting around the issue, Eden is right to stay away and just come and go every now and then. It must be frustrating for Eden to play a character that has barely developed and grown throughout her time on the show, and instead has become a saintly, sexless figure.

• Members

Killing of Bianca is the worst idea ever.

That's like bringing back fan-favorite Dixie and then killing her off immediately after. No fan wants to see it.

Plus - after so many people cried about Bianca, the LESBIAN, getting raped (GMAB) - I'm sure they'll be all pissed that Bianca, the LESBIAN, then dies. It'll cause an uproar.

• Members

Yeah, that's kind of the point. Not everybody's a Bianca fan. I had no problem with Dixie getting killed off. I couldn't stand her.

So, what do you propose? We have the LESBIAN live a saintly, celibate lifestyle whose only love interest is a wishy washy, sometimes I'm gay, sometimes I'm not Maggie? Or even better -- a man in drag?

ABCD/Disney are NOT willing to commit to the LESBIAN so why keep her?

True, cancer is a bit harsh, but she could get hit by a Mack Truck or something? :unsure:

• Members
HELL NO!! Bianca no way in hell should be killed off. AMC should try to lure Eden Riegel with big bucks to return as Bianca (also bring back Hayley Evans as Mirdanda and Elizabeth Hendrickson as Maggie as well and leave Zoe in the easily forgotten past of AMC's biggest mistakes!). If not, RE-CAST Bianca. Kendall was recast very,very succesfully (in fact IMHO, Alicia Minshew is BY FAR the BEST KENDALL). A good actress could make the role her own.

• Members

If Eden thought she was to good for daytime she wouldn't be coming back for these little guest stints. And She left the show the first time in 2005. That is 2 years not three and she was back under contract for six months or so form 2006 to April 2007 so she has now only been gone for 4 months. And you have no proof that she was offered other daytime roles and if she had maybe she felt they weren't right for her.

Also if you didn't know she is interested in theatre and did a off broadway play not long before she came back in 2006.

Archived