DAYS: Wednesday

• Members

Discuss today's show!

I have to rant about something that has been bugging me ever since Hogan took over; why can't the scenes last longer than 30 seconds?! They go from scene to scene, each probably not even a minute, and then commercial. I hate it. (i.e. Abe & Lexie's scenes today).

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, Toups. Other soaps only have five or six acts. But with seven acts, there are so many more scenes to fill, and there's no time to build emotional momentum, or suspense. This was a problem long before Hogan. While I don't want to see Days lose what makes it Days in the first place, I don't think it would hurt to take an act away, and have longer scenes in each act.

• Members

OK I'm not sure if I would have noticed the 30-second scene thing had I not read this thread BEFORE I watched this ep, but since I did wow did those Abe-Lexie scenes stuck out like a sore thumb. Still, they were the highlight of this ep for me. So sad.

What's up with Shawn trying to tell Belle not to get a job because he wants her to be the happy homemaker for Claire? This is such B.S. Did Shawn and Belle get sucked into the DOOL hole in the space-time continuum so now they're back in the 1950s with Colleen and Santo? Lucas pulled the same crap earlier this year with Sami wanting to keep her barefoot and pregnant at home and refusing to let Sami use her savings to help support their family after Mythic went under. Enough of the sexism crap. I didn't realize that Hogan giving the guys their penises back meant no longer allowing Salem men need to treat women as equals.

I am SO over Nick and Chelsea. What the hell is Chelsea talking about that Nick's lie was selfless and Jett's lie was selfish? All of Nick's lies were selfish in that they were either trying to cover his own ass or trying to make Chelsea like him. Jett's lies were him doing a job and trying to catch criminals. What Chelsea really means is that Nick's lies were to benefit HER not that they were selfless while Jett's lies had nothing to do with her. So sick of her self-absorption. Can't the new semester at Salem U. start up already so this crap can end?

The Phillie scenes were OK, but am I the only one that is like whoa wait a second when did these two make up? Wasn't Billie pissed at Phillip for working with EJ to use the Century Cell equipment to bug Bope's house last time we saw them together? I guess maybe they've had a scene or two since then but it's still sad that this is all they can come up with for Billie to do. I wish they would have Billie start Countess Wilhelmina back up and Anna and some others would go work there.

• Administrator

Oh this is one of the things I don't blame on Hogan. LOL Like you said, the episode structure has been a problem long before Hogan arrived. Longer scenes make better scenes and I don't mind waiting longer during commercial breaks.

I am hoping Ed Scott will re-structure the episode acts.

• Administrator

I agree. I know DAYS has never been about business, but since Ed Scott is coming, maybe he'll bring over the business type storylines to DAYS? There's Countess Wilhelmina, Anna Dimera Designs, Titan, Basic Black, Mythic and maybe Stefano or Tony can get into the action too.

• Members

I agree about the episode acts. Does anyone know how long this has been going on? There should be five or six instead of seven or eight.

The episodes seem so slow as of late, even with the DiMeras on board; sometimes they have the first segment finish at 1:03 with the opening theme, then the commercials are 4 minutes long, the show is back on, and goes to another commercial break before the first 10 minutes of the episode/hour. I find it ludicrous that sometimes the commercials are longer than the actual show itself. Here's hoping that Ed Scott will fix these things that stick out.

As for the episode, it was OK. The highlight was Abe & Lexie, of course. It's so good seeing them back on our screens. :)

• Members

Episode acts would fall into Ed Scott's responsibilities, so who knows what we may see. I wouldn't be surprised if DAYS started with three scenes in the beginning, and then went to the opening segment, then returning to three new scenes without the first commercial break until those last three scenes are finished. That's how it is on Y&R and I love it.

China Lee is a hoot! :lol:

I'm not a fan of Belle becoming a nurse. I think Belle belongs in the business world. I loved her being a fashion designer and things could have really became interesting with Anna, who is also a designer, in town. I always wanted to see Belle on that Titan set, mixing it up with Victor. No, Titan's not a fashion company yet, but they could easily add on a fashion branch. They already have a cosmetics line (Countess Wilhelmina).

Billie and Philip's scenes are great. Julie Pinson has chemistry with all of her on-screen brothers. I can't wait to see Lauren return tomorrow. This story is really picking up.

Abe and Lexie were a treat as well. I'm not a fan of them being a couple, but it's nice to see them after not seeing them for so many months.

• Members

Has DAYS forgotten that John Black is wealthy? What's with Belle saying she will ask her mother for money for school? Why not her dad or her parents instead of specifically referencing Marlena only? That really bothered me. As did Shawn's ridiculous behavior when Belle said she wanted to go to nursing school. She doesn't need his permission anyway; they aren't married. Even if they were married, it's 2007--women are not chattel! Shawn just depresses me sometimes. He's the son of one of my all time favorite couples, and I really want to love him but he's so fricking stupid!

I thought Abe and Lexie's scenes were touching and lovely, but like others have said it ruins the emotional tug of the scene when they are so short and choppy. This has been a problem for a long time with DAYS, and I hope the new EP fixes it.

That "discussion" between Nick and Chelsea was ridiculous on so many levels. Neither are being completely honest--Nick because of the money and Chelsea because of her motives. And now Nick has a wife--how could he have gotten that drunk?

• Members

Another solid show. Love the shift to other characters this week.

Belle and Shawn dragged but I like her going out to get a career. Shawn came off real bad but i like them dealing with simple real-life problems.

I LOVED Billie/Philip. Good to see Billie active and JKJ played Philip great. His shock and refusing to believe what was going on was exhibited well. I already love this story.

Abe and Lexie I felt wasn't choppy at all and was well-done. JR and RJ are great together and their acting is so underrated IMO. They aren't the best couple but they do shine together and I loved their scenes.

Nick/Chelsea are back to being the couple I love. They have that fun feeling to them again. There are still some kinks but it's better and I LOVE China Lee. She is hilarious and adds some life to the Nick/Chelsea story.

Solid show. Tomorrow looks real good.

Archived