• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope I am embedded the above clip right. I suck at that kind of stuff. :lol:

Today's episode was good because it focused on different characters that have not been focused on all that much.

Chelsea/Kate is always entertaining. Loved them and Chelsea/Nick is back to being cute and lovable.

I like the buildup in tension in the Jeremy story. Nick setting things in motion and Jeremy's scenes with Steph were fantastic. Jeremy is losing control and this story is actually getting pretty good. I agree with you King about Shelley. She is great and I like how she has been given pretty good material lately.

Great seeing Abe again. JR looks good and I am so happy to have him back. One day back and he already has scenes with Jett. Too bad he wasn't around when he first turned up. Loved their scenes.

Lexie/Celeste was good too. I am glad they talked about Dimera history and how Lexie has been hiding since her return. RJ had some good material and as boring as Abe and Lexie are, RJ and JR always deliver. That ending with them coming face to face touched me. RJ's eyes welling with tears and JR's look of shock....perfect. Good ending there.

I am so happy for the last two days of Kate because it tells me Hogan is interested in keeping her on. He has fleshed her character out, which was needed after what happened in winter and spring. Finally she acknowledged her mistake in regards to Sami's rape and showed she isn't a one note bitch and I get the feeling they may be going back there with Kate/Roman. I like her mentioning him as her conscience too. My hope is if Hogan goes there that he doesn't make Kate lose her edge like Higley did. Good scenes though.

Solid show. Tomorrow looks quite good too.

• Members

I loved the soulful Kate today. Seeing her looking inward and getting in touch with what she is about, where she is going and really taking stock of Kate Roberts was done very well and I like this sort of Kate. Her scenes with Chelsea and Roman were excellent.

Josh Taylor is Roman to me now and I think his remarks to Kate were so typical of him. It would be fun to see them together again.

Chelsea and Nick were great. Shelley did a good job with her part as Stephanie today. Her voice grates on me though and she has a tendency to shrill out lines at times that is not becoming or good in an actress. She is growing on me and I strongly prefer her than Ashley Benson as Chelsea's friend.

Great to see Abe back. He is thinner, but otherwise looks very well. I know he and Lexie have a great story coming up so look forward to seeing it.

• Members

LK must be thrilled to have some decent dialogue for a change! Kate was well done today, and I loved her making her confession to Roman, just as he woke up. The Kate/Chelsea scene was good, too, and I'm glad Kate encouraged Chelsea to forgive Billie. Nick's cuteness was back today, but for how long as it looks like what happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas!

• Members

OK I'll try not to blather on too much today since I only saw a little more than half of this episode, but of what I saw it was kind of meh.

I know it's not anyone's fault that James Reynolds was out, but him being gone as long as he has I just find it hard to care that much about Jett and Abe finally sharing a scene together or Lexie and Abe reuniting. That's especially frustrating because I was sooooooooooo excited for Lexie's return when she came out of the tunnel all scary and growling, but I don't want to see her back to make up with Abe, I want to see her back either battling or scheming with the DiMeras.

And it pissed me off they gave Celeste those lines about how the DiMeras made Lexie do all the things she did and hurt her because are we supposed to believe that Stefano made Lexie want to jump Tek's bones or Stefano made Alex North and Sami blackmail her or that Stefano made her lie to Carrie and Austin about not being able to have kids together? Because I don't believe that. That was Lexie's own fault. Not because she was a DiMera but because she was selfish. And in fact, for all the DiMera family scapegoating, it was a DiMera, EJ, who last summer undid some of that crap that got Lexie into trouble by using his donation to the hospital to get Lexie to get another cancer screening while at the same time protecting Sami from being found out.

I still don't understand what motive Andre would have had for locking Lexie in that tunnel if EJ was the one who shot John Black and I want them to explain this already. I also want EJ or Sami or both to have a Celeste confrontation to ask her about the voodoo paternity test. I mean, thanks for the James Scott shirtless scene and the inspiration for that silly Maury banner I made, Sheffer, but if this is never brought up again has he done anything more stupid that the feather thing?

Are the set designers proud of that pier set or what? Jeez. Mix it up a little.

I liked the Roman and Kate scene once Roman woke up and I'd love to see Kaman revisited, however I think Roman's first words should have been "What da hell?" and apparently I find Kate's sudden concern for Sami A LOT less convincing than some others.

What happened to Leann Hunley being listed in the credits? I miss Anna.

• Members

I agree with you about Kate's sudden concern for Sami. I don't believe her for a minute. She knew about the EJ/Sami situation months ago and never believed or cared that Sami said she was raped. Now all of a sudden she believes it and cares? Riiiiight. AND, after her actions with Stefano I don't want to hear Kate call Sami a whore and a tramp ever again!

As for Lexie, she needs to take full responsibility for her actions, despite Celeste blaming everything on the Dimeras. Lexie has lived most of her life free of the Dimera influence so she can't be blaming them for the choices she freely made.

I miss Anna, too. Give her a contract, Corday!

• Members

Jeremy Horton still gets on my last nerve, but I'm now interested in finding out what kind of shady business he's in. And Stephanie--get a clue girl! I think I'm starting to like the actress. She's completely different than the original Steph, but I'm beginning to accept her in the role.

I thought the writing for Abe, Lexie, Celeste and Jett was well done, except for the let's slam EJ again part in the dialog. It's becoming almost amusing to me. Who's baddest man in Salem? EJ! Yeah, that's it! Ok, fine, whatever. I loved seeing all of the people of color onscreen in Salem today. Salem needs some flava.

Kate, I'm kind of scratching my head about her. I thought Lauren Koslow was wonderful with Chelsea and Roman but . . . when did Kate ever give a rat's ass about Sami? I don't buy at all that she feels sorry for her daughter-in-law. That was the one false note in an otherwise good scene. And it also was another excuse to drop the "r" bomb. Still, it didn't ruin show for me.

Chelsea and Nick -- although I like both characters, my interest is starting to wane. I'm not sure why.

Even with all that, I was pleasantly surprised--I kind of liked today's episode. I didn't fall asleep! Yes indeed, even though my faves weren't on. Still, in the back of mind whenever I watch, I wonder what inconsistencies will pop up in the episode.

I'll be glad when the day comes when I can watch a whole week of episodes and have no complaints about continuity.

• Members

You bring up some interesting points! I was glad to see Abe back, liked the Jett/Abe scene, but I'm not sure I've ever liked Lexie with Abe as much as Celeste and Abe - plus I like Lexie being more of a DiMera ;)

The comments by Celeste (to Lexie) seemed to be hints regarding EJ more than anything to do with Lexie -- and if they really were, I love it!!

I also loved the timing re Roman waking up - that was my laugh for the day from the show. I tend to like Kate and Roman together because they balance each other out. Based on HS's initial interview he seems to think LK is better than buttered bread, but it's still good to see her not focusing on her kids (at least today) and more layered. Adding her to the list of people saying "rape" did nothing for me -- other than making me think they *might* be getting closer to filling in the holes regarding that episode.

Mind you I still don't know why Sheffer wrote any of the let's make EJ satan incarnate crap, but I do know that by the time he started it, I was invested enough in the character that I kept watching (Thank you Beth M!!). The show was so pathetic for so long there's no way I would have turned the tv on if not for James Scott!! Yes, I would have watched to see the DiMera's return, but the show has still been hit and miss, and I doubt I'd be watching unless I had nothing better to do - and when I did, it would be on DiMera days. I also believe EJ can be / is being redeemed - after all almost everyone on the show has done something illegal or not morally correct and they've been forgiven - it's something I EXPECT to happen on soaps.

I'm a fan of Days - but the show has to be entertaining, and thank you but NO, I don't watch Days hoping to see "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" and I'm over being trashed because I love EJ and EJ with Samantha. Actually EJ and his fans have been bashed so much that I wonder how much good could be done if all that energy was focused on something that really matters: like global warming, poverty or any other Real issue!

So today was a decent day - not exciting or leaving me on the edge of my chair - but not lame or plain bad either.

Archived