All: Grade the soaps

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT: C-[/b]

The Good: Luke/Maddie/Noah- all actors are doing a terrific job in this storyline, which we are not seeing enough off. Maura West: having Carly back is a big improvement fot this show, Marie Masters: seeing Susan involved in a storyline is great, even though it's Allison's story, Marie brings so much realism to the character of Susan.

The Mediocre: The teens (JJ, Sage, Faith, and Parker) are likeable and can actually act. The great group od recurring actors: Terri Gaber, Robin Mattson, etc.

The Bad: Cleo (glad that is over!) Jade leaving (just when I was finding the character instersting.)Where are the vets? Don Hastings, Helen Wagner, Scott Holmes, and Eileen Fulton. The Paul/Meg/Craig/Lucinda mess. Holden and Lily headed for another breakup. And last but certainly not least----- KACK!

• Members

B&B: A

It has been extremely flawless as of late. Heck it might even be A+ on certain days. The dialogue is to die for, they suddenly use the whole cast (I'm sure LAD is back in the mix very soon), storylines rotate as I've haven't seen it on soaps in years, the acting has been very good. Fantastic, and a real classic soap opera. Kudos to Brad Bell & the Y&R cast-aways...

2007 overall mark: B+ with an increasing tendency

Y&R: Mark withheld

I'm no longer watching but when I catch 5 seconds I want to shake my head against a wall. It is nothing but dumb, the dialogue is extremely bad, there are only few good actors left in decent stories and the music is like stolen from a videogame.

2007 overall mark: D+ witha declining tendency to F

• Members

GH - B

Good - Feisty, energetic, Carly. The show would be so dull without her. Noah becoming a rock star. I love the dual Rick Springfield's. The Jason paternity story is getting real good. Kate and Sonny.

Bad - Jax has been gone too long. The Iraq story. Not every military person returning from Iraq is a psycho/drug addict. The whole Logan and his father story does nothing for me. Kelly leaving the bar and attempting sex with Jerry, and she is a friend of Robins, and a doctor? That's bad.

Ugly-Alan Q "fading". I so hope they tell us he is alive. Not much story for the older characters like Monica Tracy Edward and you know the rest. When will soaps get a clue?

OLTL - C

I would give OL a B except for the loser character of Marty.

Good - Todd is back.

Bad - Evangleine is not back. David is leaving.

Ugly - How will Michael and Rex explain they kept Tommy's identity a secret?

Archived