Confessions on a Dance Floor

BadZoe

• Members

I liked two songs, Hung up and song #9 How High. The rest I thought were just awful and the last song is all cliche's. I also was disappointed that all the songs were of a techno beat. What I used to love about Madonna was that her albums would experiment with different sounds. Maybe she should have retired after Music!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This album was supposed to be like one continuous club mix. That's how the special edition is, all mixed together. I can't wait to hear it, I'll definitely be buying it when it coems out.

I have only heard I Love New York, Hung Up and Sorry and i love all of them. Can't wait to hear the rest. I guess I should go to MTV to hear it.

• Members

You can listen to it at AOL too.

I think the best one is Hung Up. The only ones I didn't like were Isaac (I'm not a fan of foriegn chanting) and the second to last one. But I'm still going to buy the album because it has an awesome beat and I do like the continous mix format.

• Members

I haven't heard it yet(except for HUNG UP) so I can't comment! But, I've seen mostly positive reviews, and Maddy just scored her 11th No.1 hit in the UK with Hung Up, but in the U.S, it's only 27 on the Billboard hot 100(did Madonna peak in the U.S with TAKE A BOW?) I guess her longtime fans will like it and it will sell much better than the AMERICAN LIFE CD. I don't know about the continuous dance stuff. I like Madonna doing a few ballads. IMO, she should have gone back to William Orbit - RAY OF LIGHT is by far her best CD ever!

• Members

ICAM. Frozen sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it. And I love Take A Bow. Actually, one of Madonna's most underated albums is BEDTIME STORIES - it has some great tracks.

My alltime favorite Madonna song would be VOGUE!

B)

• Members

Madonna's biggest hit is "Take A Bow," but I don't think she really peaked with it. "Music" in 2000 is her third biggest single of all time, following TAB and "Like A Virgin." It spent four weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 and sold more than a million copies AS A SINGLE.

• Members

I will probably be getting the album. I like Hung Up. I have a lot of favorites from Madonna. I loved the following: Material Girl, Dress You Up, Like a Virgin, Get Into The Groove, Papa Dont Preach, Live to Tell, Music, Borderline, Lucky Star. I know there are more. One of my least favorites though was Like a Prayer.

• Members

That's cool, Cameron. Usually, "Like A Prayer" is listed as the favorite song among Madonna fans AND non-fans. I know a lot of people who hate Madonna but love that song, and it usually tops fan polls of her favorite songs. What don't you like about it?

• Members

I just dont like the beat to Like A Prayer. I can dance to most or all of her upbeat songs except Like A Prayer. I am also not thrilled with the lyrics. I also left out others I liked for example: Vogue, Cherish, Keep It Together. And I love Where's The Party. :)

• Members

I'm impressed after two listens. And I was worried, because her last two albums ("Music" and "American Life") are my favorites, so this had a lot to live up to.

At any rate, there are great beats but more importantly: very addictive, poppy melodies. I don't like it when dance music gets too caught up in the techno beat. I have to have a little poptastic magic, and that's what this album has with songs like "Hung Up," "Get Together," "Sorry," and "Jump."

Unlike most, I also really enjoy the last song: "Like It Or Not."

Archived