Y&R Discussion: Week of July 9th

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show and it's the best soap out there. I am so glad Victor and is back and I loved the scene where he puched Chow. I really feel for Nick. He is showing still, he is an incredible actor. Those scenes with Noah had me in tears.And If spoilers are true, good job to LML, don't let these nay sayers bother you.(Ducks) <_<

• Members

I love crazy ass Kevin and add in Micheal and Gloria is just a thing of beauty. He just makes the show so fun to watch. I love that with each passing day Colleen is getting more of storyline. I love Kevin and Colleen.

• Members

I really hate that they've re-cast Colleen as I'm kinda sorta feeling wanting them together...not much else though these days is making me happy on Y&R, I've defended it since LML took over but the Kevin/Jana webcam story ("The only way to convince her is to really crash the car", "NOW the only way to convince her is to show her the money" etc.) and Gloria torturing Will aren't working for me.

Kade

• Members

It's always sad when the show one used to love can't even generate conversation on the discussion thread....Goes to show you how Latham has driven some of us away :lol:

Today's show was all the way around Snoooooooooze... I lost count on how many times I got up from the television and did something else....It was that pitiful. Even the scenes between Katherine/Cane and Katherine/Nikki were dull to me, and I LOVE me some Katherine (Jeanne Cooper).

• Members

I haven't seen today's episode yet but the mention alone of Cane makes me dread seeing it. He totally sucks the life out of any scene he is in. I feel bad for any actor that has to work with him..

Kade

• Members

Finally checked out yesterday's episode...there wasn't much there beyond one cool scene with Kevin/Colleen that doesn't matter as she's been fired and any chemistry that was there will be gone so why get excited...Not sure what was harder to watch...Devon screaming at Daniel (I wanted Daniel to just rip his bluetooth ear thing off his head) or more of the ridiculous web-camming (boy nothing is more exciting than watching people chat via webcam) or watching yet another stupid coincidence driven plot (Amber's flat)...I have to admit being happy that Cane didn't call the Las Vegas wedding chapel and have them remember him or something like that...still nothing tops Gloria's kiss to Will on Monday so far for most freaky disgustin scene...I've always been a Gloria supporter but watching her play at "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" with Will is killing her for me...sorry to be so negative! :(

Kade

• Members

I tuned in to Y&R for a few minutes. The Kevin and Colleen scenes were the ones that drew me in. It's amazing how much I'm wanting these two to get together considering the past they have. It does suck that they've recasted Colleen. The portrayer has good chemistry with Kevin's portrayer.

The Nick storyline sounded good when they preveiwed it in SOD, but I'm not simply interested in getting invested in this story knowing that everything else sucks. LML is bound to screw up this sl one way or another.

Yep Cane is a bore and does suck the life out of any scene he's in.

• Members

Can't believe nobody has commented on that bizarre Ji-Min/Amber bit at the end of Wednesday's episode...what the hell was that all about...IF they do something lame like make Ji-Min into some sort of bad guy and de-rail Jill/Ji-Min (one of the things that keeps me interested in Y&R) I'll be furious! :(

Kade

• Members

Sadly after finally finishing this week of Y&R (I stopped and started Thursday's ep. like five times) I am sad to think the Kevin/Jana debacle is STILL not over...I also am sad to see Adrienne Leon go as Colleen as she was the star of the show last week, she made me laugh out loud several times while dealing with Jana and I found her heart-breaking in scenes dealing with she and Kevin's past...FINALLY the show has a couple with rooting value and they re-cast the role of Colleen...ugh.

Gloria's continual torture of William has put me off the character perhaps forever. It's too much, it's too sick, it's too cruel.

Nikki and Victor are boring me to tears.

Cane and his attitude make me sick. I actually WANT Amber to pull something over on his smug a**. Didn't he start out sort of a cad and a fun-loving guy? Who shoved the stick up his butt? What a nightmare of a character he is?!? He's actually driven me to like Adrian more...

There's no saving the loudness that is Devon...how happy I am that his new romance is taking place off camera...didn't Y&R used to be all hyped as the show with all kinds of diversity? How sad that thier African American Emmy winner and his character are reduced to screaming at top level at Daniel (again).

The randomness and endless coincidences of everything was out of control this week...ending with the eventual throw to the bag of money storyline that is coming up and certinly MORE so-called action and adventure as the goons show up looking for "Plumb" (perhaps the worst soap name of all time) and the cash.

There was some decent stuff, Phyllis and Nick I am loving for the first time, WHAT happened to Josh Morrow with some time off? He's amazing in every scene I see him in, Love Logan but her meet-cute with Cane will probably destroy that quickly...unless the show pulls one of those things where they totally forget it ever happened...do it, this time I won't complain, there was also some nice Paul/Maggie stuff (yeah the boy who likes Cricket also likes much-hated Maggie! LOL!), no Victoria/JT stuff (another couple I just love), and some lame swerve about Ji-Min (perhaps...still haven't had anyone weigh in on that bizarro world ending with he and Amber), it was a mess this week...on the plus I do like Neil and the chick from Fame that had that song "Trouble" out in the 80's doing dinner and getting closer.

Kade

Archived