DAYS: Monday, July 9

• Members

LOL

What about man who slapped her, sent to her to death row, abused her, tried to kill her

We won't go there now shall we but some think the dork Lucas with no job, still wears high school boxer shorts and lives under his mums skirt is a man. Thats about as realistic as Lumi not living on food stamps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best way to grade this feud story is to separate the revisited romance part from the modern drama part of this IMO. In regards to revisiting the romance between Santo and Colleen today, I thought the show gets an A+. Ali and James did a good job with the accents. James was shaky in the beginning but grew more comfortable as time went on. This is one instance where Wyman's SFX helped. The murky look to the scenes was a nice touch. It was like a classic romance and I thought it showed a good deal of effort and I applaud them for this. We all knew this was where they were going based on how the story had occurred so it should be no surprise it dragged a little since today was the accounts of the first meeting of the two lovers. I also thought James and Ali were great in portraying the awkwardness between the two. Good acting there and the extra were solid too. This won't be the whole summer. The whole summer is about how what happened affects those we love and where it will all lead. I do think this story is going to be dividing fans though. It's already started and it has people talking so Days probably succeeded in that regard, at least.

I loved the commentaries from Lucas. BD and AS were great today. Hilarious scenes and good to see them having fun/ Loved having D&J, J&M, and B&H involved. A little too short but better then nothing.

Nick is so miserable that it makes me long for Chelsea/Jett real bad. I did like the end with him telling her about Kate. Glad that wasn't dragged out. I think the writing for Nick is not as good as before but alot of it is on Blake too. He isn't putting alot of energy into Nick right now IMO and I feel that is making this worse.

The rest of the airline crew was ok. Loved the Jett/Danielle reveal. My theory is that they are cops after Jeremy. Jett being a cop would follow the Carver tradition quite well. I do like Jett and Danielle alot. I like how we got more insight into Jeremy and Stephanie and their relationship. I always like when they show how Steph longs for love. That is at the heart of this and is the reason why she changed IMO. She was unlucky in love before she left Salem and, in order to have a chance with Jeremy, she changed to fit his standards and once and awhile we see a few cracks in her facade. She was always a romantic and wanting her parents together and so on so having her want more with Jeremy then what she is getting and her reaction to his words and behavior today fell in line quite well IMO.

Good show to start the week.

• Members

Oh, so I didn't miss anything then.

Again, Hogan, giving men their p*****s back does NOT MEAN THEY HAVE TO BECOME HORNDOGS 24/7.

Lucas really DOES make everything about sex.

EJ, on the other hand, shows GENUINE adoration of Sami. True romance. And they WONDER why EJami fans are numbering more and more. It's because Lumi AREN'T romantic. Their horny. And that's about it.

You want classic soap opera? CLASSIC romance? Not horniness but longing, PASSION AND DESIRE?! Look to EJami! Save yourselves, Lumi fans! Jump off the ship while you still can. I have an outreach program I'll be happy to offer!

• Members

Or no one wants to bother, having had this conversation too many times already. The original poster was inaccurate. She will be inaccurate no matter how many times she is corrected. I don't bother trying to explain what actually happened on the show in every thread I enter.

• Members

LOL....*me cracking up at work* In any case, I'll just interject that I like Sami with either Lucas or EJ, to be perfectly honest. She has so much history with Lucas, yet so much sexual chemistry with EJ. It's like "back in the day" with the Bo/Billie/Hope triangle when Hope came back from the dead. It was like there was potential either way. I feel this way now, although Lucas has *got* to take a sedative for his high-octane behavior as of late

• Members

That's it EXACTLY. Nick has no energy, no spark, he's like a zombie. What makes it even worse is that he was such a breath of fresh air when he first came on the show. Why did they introduce such a character only to completely destroy him in less than a year?

I like the idea of Jett being a cop. Maybe he will arrest Jeremy and send him away for a really long time. I like Danielle; too bad she seems to be just short-term. She's very pretty and has a nice presence to her. Much better than the tramps, hookers and party girls we seem to be getting so much of in the younger set.

Lumi vs. Ejami is turning into its own feud. For the record, I haven't liked Lucas for years, long before EJ ever came on the scene. And it was in large part because of the way he treated Sami--I've never forgiven him for the death row storyline or the Will doll. The nail in the coffin for me was last year's relationship with Carrie. He treated Carrie like a princess on a pedestal and demeaned Sami at every opportunity. How could he really love Sami when Carrie is his ideal? Of course, then we got the insta-reunion, and we're supposed to believe Lumi is the fairytale with the HEA. I don't buy it, and I don't understand why Sami would even want Lucas after their past (and I do realize Sami hasn't been perfect herself and has done her part to hurt Lucas). I have felt this way and continue to feel this way even without the EJ factor.

• Members

Days4Life

I am right there with you. Elvis could have left the building, and I would still cringe every time that Sami tells Lucas that she "doesn't deserve him". It is a factually accurate statement, but not the way Sami means it.

• Members

EXACTLY!!! It's one thing when Sami's low self-esteem manifests itself into her crazy sociopathic lies and schemes as she fights so hard to make a man to love her and keep him, because these things advance the story and that is at least entertaining when everything blows up in her face. But when they butcher the character of Sami Brady so that she becomes a weepy, barefoot and pregnant doormat to please a man, that's just nauseating and repulsive. Especially when the guy she worships is a jobless, ambitionless, average looking, horny dork turd like Lucas Roberts.

If they aren't going to put her with EJ who does worship her and has always put her as his first choice, even if he hasn't always had the best way of showing it, then let her be her own woman and get a freaking job already like a grown up.

Archived