AMC: SOD Online Interview with new headwriters

• Members

^^Most people are loving Sean/Colby and Lily/Ava. I wouldn't say no one cares about the teens - and as long as they are being written in a real-life, mature way - then that is important for any soap opera....and AMC especially. We've always had teen storylines on AMC. Teens are a major part of familes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't impress me with their words, and they haven't impressed me in the past, either. I think that occasionally they do something really impressive - "Tainted Love" was three months of soap heaven, and "Miracles Happen" was the closest you can get to a happy ending on a soap - but for the most part the two of them are just the typical soap writers with the typical stable of soap stories waiting to be copied and pasted onto whatever show they're writing at that moment. There's another thread going on right now dealing with new OLTL head writer Ron Carliavati's recent interview - read that one, it's interesting to see how different things could be in a few months for both these shows.

• Members

It's very, very B&E though. They were very creative and innovative on GL, doing things never before done on daytime. I think that's what daytime needs, because it can't go on just repeating the same stories over and over.

• Members

ITA. They're "band aiding". This was my biggest fear. They're saying how terrible Megan was, yeah, we know. We know what she did wrong. We also know what not to do. That's not rocket science. But they seem to see all of this as like they're God's gifts to AMC. They're brilliant, etc. I dunno. Put or shut up, B&E.

• Members

We can already see B&E's patterns. Look at J&E for example. Rather then going about their reconciliation in a mature, adult fashion, AMC had them playing stupid, childish games, for laughs. Where's the discussion as to why they were part in the first place? Erica did cheat on him. Why isn't that being addressed? Erica doesn't cheat because she's a whore. She's messed up, and her issues (which are glaring) are just being glossed over. Nothing being handled.

It's all being "band aided" because B&E seem to think that while Megan was so wrong about things, they're so right, we can just take it as they give it. You can't heal gaping, seething, deep, festering wounds with a band aid. Which is what B&E seem to be trying to do.

I'm going to hold out completely writing them off, because that's not fair. Maybe things will get better when they're officially have the pen. But for now, I'm pretty sure we got less sick, but more egotisitcal versions of Megan. <_<

• Members

My stance hasn't changed. I am cautiously optimistic. They seem to have lots of ideas.... we will have to wait and see how those ideas convert to the screen. I've always enjoyed their work so of course I am going into this with a positive outlook. What else can I do really because as I've said before, what do us long suffering AMC fans have to lose that wasn't already lost ?

• Members

I do know them and I know them well. Sorry, I've been burned by this writing team before. I recall Holly Reade kidnapping the children of Springfield and other crimes on Port Charles. AMC is my favorite show and it has been for about 13 years now. I've NEVER been this disinterested in it. They need to stop this "no bad ideas" nonsense and fix the show.

• Members

Oh there is Babsy talking up a storm. Taking the writers out for drinks scares me LOL. I remember her infamous GL interview where she said she was the mommy, James was the daddy, and the writers are the kiddies. B&E have some talents. There first year on GL with Annie trial they were great. There best stuff was the Loving murders which was brilliant. I liked a few of their storyline arcs. Loved Time in a Bottle. Their first months consulting OLTL you could tell their influence was what helped Higley. After they left the show started tanking. They have talent but sometimes they do something like the Clone or something stupid and then get plot driven

Archived