AMC: SOD Online Interview with new headwriters

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this is the weakest teen scene Ive ever seen on AMC. There are no teens besides Sean, Colby and Lily and I have no use for 2 out of 3. They really should flesh the teen scene out more if they are really going for one, but I dont even care about the chracters so its no btoerh for me

• Members

Oh, good, they mentioned drinking. I wondered how long that would take.

B&E were ghastly on GL. Holly the psychopath and Clone Reva? It was embarrassing and the entire set was always done up in glaring Paul Rauch neon and pastels.

• Members

I just read the interview with the new HW of OLTL and what a difference. He actually sounded like he recognized what problems the show had and wants to improve things. This interview with the new HW's is just fluff to me. It does sound like they just want to band-aid the show without fixing all the core problems AMC has. And it is not like AMC is doing well enough in the ratings to just bandage it considering it is in last place of all the ABC soaps. They seemed more concerned about pleasing the behind the scenes crew than making changes to improve them. This is very scary to me.

I hope they do a different interview where they actually outline their plans for the show more. This interview makes thems sound like fools, IMHO.

• Members

You know what I'm saying?! I mean, really. Who cares if some of the prop guys are the same ones from Loving/City? Like I said, it just sounded dumb that they were so surprised that crew members who worked on a show that taped across the hall are working on AMC now. Duh! It's called a union for a reason!

• Members

Well, a lot of significant crew members are at AMC now. It's more than just the prop guys. Directors Angela Tessinari and Casey Childs, producer Karen Johnson, a couple of stage managers, basically 50 % of the music team, and we could go on...

• Members

As someone who has been an AMC fan since 1982 (I was a baby, okay), I am optimistic about these HWs after reading those interviews. The fact that they actually have consulted with Agnes Nixon (it is obvious McTrash didn't give a CRAP about what Agnes created with AMC) and want to bring the show back to core characters, inject more humor, and make the show more racially and culturaly diverse, makes me happy.

I wish I could be more devil may care and "whatever happens, happens", but AMC has been a big part of my life (and I'm NOT ashamed to say that) and I fully believe that the show can be great again. Are these the people to make that happen? I don't know. Their ideas seem good--I just don't know if JHC and Frons are capable of letting these writers take AMC back to greatness.

I just hope they don't throw out everything that has been good in this interim since McTrash left: less Babe, Amanda moving to the forefront, Jack and Erica reuniting, seeing Opal, Derek, Livia and Marian more, Zach and Kendall kicking ass, Ava coming to town, Colby becoming a character to root for, etc.

I hope that some of their goals are:

1. Bring back Brooke.

2. Get rid of Jonathan. He's just creepy, and nothing can change that.

3. Bring back Reggie and Danielle. PV is too white.

4. Reveal that Madden faked the whole Josh thing. Josh is NOT Erica's aborted fetus. Erica adopts him anyway.

5. Bring Petey Cortlandt back to mix it up with Sean/Colby and ex-nanny Kendall. Let him get Palmer & Opal back together.

6. Make Greenlee less insufferable.

7. Give us more Myrtle, Palmer, Opal, Ruth, Joe, Stuart, Marian.

8. Recast Liza with a powerhouse actress.

9. Get Cady McLain back by any means necessary and finish up this Kathy/Kate storyline.

10. Bring back Debbi Morgan (Angie) and Vincent Irizarry (David) to battle it out to see who can be Chief of Staff at Pine Valley Hospital.

I'm sure most of those ideas won't happen...but it's late, I've been out all night, and I am allowed to dream!

Have faith fellow AMC fans...our show CAN be great again!

Archived