NightShift? Will Soapnet make other Spinoffs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see it myself. Hell if these writers and produces and other dummies can't deliver a good show now, then why waste all that money into a spinoff which is going to be cancelled any way. Thye need to pour money into new talent, hell call me up I'm cheap and good

• Members

I think GH is the only show that this type of spinoff would actually work. What would the premise for AMC or OLTL be? Night Shift has a clear direction and focus. It makes sense. Im not so sure the same could be said for the other shows if they did one

• Members

IA with what everyone else said, plus the show is obviously trying to go the Grey's Anatomy route-- and that is aided by the fact that the show is about a hospital. I think the show can work though. Wow, as I type I am watching a commercial about Night Shift!!

• Members

I liekd the preview of the show from the SN special. I REALLY hope that they focus on the new characters. We see enough of most of hte other characters on GH, so theres no need to focus on them too much. Maybe in the first few episodes, but I hope the new chracters drive the show a few shows in. The nurses look really interesting and I wouldnt be surprised if they get phased into GH regularly after NS's run is over. Some of the cast though stumps me. Jason and Spinelli? What the heck do they have to do with the hospital?

• Members

Night Shift begins on July 12th officially at 11:00 p.m. ET. I say "officially" because, like the Soap Secrets special, Soapnet also has a very early airing - according to TV Guide.com - for it on the 12th at 5:00 a.m. [not advertised]! So consider it a sneak peek if you wanted to tape it and watch then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived