AMC: Wednesday

• Members

If we had a drinking game for the word "Magic" today, we'd all be dead right now. Subtle, AMC. It's not magic just because you say it 675 times.

That said I was fine with the last half of the K/G scenes, except for that whole Magic problem. Greenlee calmed down and K/G possibly having a rational relationship on both sides (Greenlee not just taking, and Kendall not just freely giving), I could live with that. SS is still not really ringing my bell, but if I have to tolerate this stuff - I'd rather tolerate it on this level. She can whine R/A to death (slap her, Annie) if she wants but girlfriend really needed to shut-the-blank-up and chill-the-f**k-out on some level, weeks ago.

I really liked JR/Amanda's last scene. I wasn't feeling them until that scene. I don't like JR using Amanda as a sex-pal (and vice-versa) particularly after the accident and the way he acted afterwards. So him being sort of tender and almost genuine rather than being a pig works better.

Adam threatining that guy was funny, in a good way.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is this show so determined to make us think Kenlee was the great supercouple ever on AMC? I thought today from what I saw was downright awful except the stuff with Adam and the stuff with Ava.

Amanda L. Beall usually impresses me, well today she failed.

And yeah seriously what was up with this Kenlle magic?

Poor Terri. She came back for not one damn thing :( All she was used for was to be a Kenlee prop.

• Members

Kendall/Greenlee

I must say it looks like these two are heading on back to being friends and I am really enjoying their scenes. You see when Greenlee is around likeable characters like Kendall, she definitely does bring out her good side and it is nice to see that again and now may they just continue to progress and become even closer and hopefully they do not get into anymore fights and break the bond a little bit. Kudos to the writers for bringing these two closer and realizing how much fun the Kenlee duo really is.

• Members

Hate to rub it in and say "I told you so..."

"Well, actually, I don't hate it! I get a perverse pleasure from it" - Maxine Shaw, Living Single.

Anyway, Agenda L. Beall uses her pen to FORCE the agenda of the day. End of THAT story. I saw Tuesday's episode earlier this afternoon before catching up on today's -- of course after the pleasant surprise and personal enjoyment of a Demorest/Cohen episode (6/19), I have to have Agenda L. write both breakdown and script for today's... and all of her standbys were there. Carey propping, Tad being obnoxious, KenLee acting like they're being portrayed by a couple of drag queens... :rolleyes:

Get this woman GONE, please!

• Members

I thought Amanda Beall did really well today.

I like how Beall doesn't prop the Careys; not a single "Babe is Love" or "Krystal is such a great mother" today.

I loved the scene where Tad took Jenny to Dixie's grave. For a second, I was worried that it would be Simone's tombstone instead. I thought the Simone "ghost" sequence made sense since it would seem bizarre imo for Simone's spirit to come back and watch over Greenlee or Kendall. Reciting the letter at her grave wasn't as bad as it could have been with lesser writer.

This is the first time I found the new Greenlee palatable.

JR & Amanda are fantastic together.

All the scenes with Adam at the bar were really good, too.

I can't bring myself to stop ffing through Jonathan/Ava so I won't comment on them.

Overall, it was a much better episode than Tuesday's.

• Members

The Kendall/Greenlee scenes were good! i really liked how Kendall explained how she came to love Spike. Those scenes were really well written.

I also loved Babe adn Jamie. One of my favorite couples just might be getting back together and I couldnt be happier

• Members

:lol: You're kidding, right?

No, no, I'm sorry... You're right. I must've read too much into the bulk of the episode where all the CareyMartins were gathered at The Cumbucket, with Adam sitting by himself looking at Krystal and Tad coo over the baby they conceived, and then Tad coming over and rubbing Jenny in Adam's face (so to speak). Babe coming over and talking about "you just can't get over Mama, can you?" and Adam yelling at the building inspector so Krystal subsequently passed the inspection without any "inspection" at all.

And the last script Beall penned -- when they, again, were all at the Cumbucket -- Krystal gave this long revisionist speech on the karaoke machine about how the Chandler Mansion was actually a mausoleum and how she thought Adam loved her when he really didn't, blah, blah, blah... as if ADAM was the one who ruined the marriage by sleeping with Tad, getting pregnant with his baby and then proceeding to lie about it.

Agenda L. Beall is nothing but a Carey Pimp.

The woman's dialog is atrocious. She's 40 years old, but writes like she's 19. Last time I checked, AMC wasn't a sitcom -- it was a drama. Yeah, yeah, I know comedy comes out of drama sometimes, but Beall writes everyone sooooo sarcastic, quippy, with nothing but shallow one liners... There was no real depth to the Simone Ghost/KenLee scene -- because Simone sounded like some high school girl who was jealous she wasn't BFF with the head cheerleader with her "I wanted 2 b ur BFF but Kendall wuz!" crap.

Beall's a poor man's Patrick Mulcahey.

• Members

WORD to your whole post. BEALL Rocked Wednesday's show, This Dialogue was great and the flow of the show was awesome.

Compared with Tuesdays boring slow paced, annoying Dialogue ( So much promise with Cohen went out the window when it looks like her writing coach is BUGLER)

ABC really made a mistake noting make Alden and Beall Co-headwriters of AMC they really would have brought AMC back to it's orginal form.

Robert

Archived