Days:Joe Mascolo interview

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"I am getting alot of calls from the crew and everyone over there (at B&B), calling me a son of a bitch because I left. That's okay."

OMG! What bitches!

It looks like there's a second half to the intertivew with Renee Jones. Can't wait to read that one!

• Members

This was part of a multi-interview in SOW with LeAnn Hunley, Renee Jones, and Joseph Mascolo. I have the issue. I believe the Hunley one is in spoiler island. I have the RJ one so if no one else can find it I will sum it up and post it if anyone wants.

I do love Joe though. He doesn't sound egotistical and is just happy to be back. He seems to love the show.

• Members

Here is the Renee Jones portion of the SOW special "WELCOME BACK DAYS' DIMERAS" section. The Leann Hunley part is in spoiler island and the Joe Mascolo part is above. This is from the 6/19/07 edition of SOW and I will simply sum it up.

-Renee thought that it wouldn't be another year at least before Days called her to return. She had brought closure to Lexie and mentions how she was talking to her mom about how Celeste said she wanted to avenge her daughter's death. Renee says she told her mom that she thought that was it and Lexie was dead. Her mom, who is a avid Days watcher, didn't believe it and mentioned that no body was found. Two weeks later, Renee got the call to return.

-She didn't say yes right away as she had to think and pray on it. She weighed the pros and cons and one of the big reasons she decided to do it was to work with Joe and Thaoo again, as well as Steve Blackwood (Bart) and Will Utay (Rolf). Since some of her best stories were with them and she worked alot when involved with them, she decided to return as it meant good things for her as a Dimera. She mentioned how her storyline went out the window when they all left and she did gritty work with them.

-She felt Lexie got pushed aside when she got demoted from doctor to Kayla's nurse and jokingly mentions how it messes with one's ego. She says it's huge to know that they are doing something with the WHOLE Dimera clan.

-In her time off, she finished her Spanish I books and started on Spanish II. She traveled and went to NY to see some plays. She spent time with her mom in South Carolina and also went to her vacation spot in Northern California. She spent time with her friends and her guy there and went bike-riding, hiking, and such. She gained 10 pounds because she went out to nice dinners while vacationing and she likes starting her meal with a glass of red wine and having hot bread with butter on it. She said the weight will be gone by time she returns.

-She mentioned how she left her fridge, TV, and VCR in her dressing room. They went to Annie Burgstede (Willow). She gave her microwave to Martha Madison and jokingly mentions how she can't ask for that stuff back. She adds that she wants new stuff and that she told the cast and crew of Days that she didn't want to go to the same dressing room she was in for 14 years. She wants different hair and makeup and wants to be a different Lexie. She basically wants a whole new start for herself.

That is all the interview was. I can't express enough how much I love her and how happy I am to have her back. One of my faves for sure. Can't wait to see her!!!

• Members

thanks phoenix for posting that...i'm really glad that RJ got time off to enjoy life and travel, it seems like it was time well spent...But i'm glad she's back, as i've really missed her..I really hope she gets to work with her Dimera family frequently...I agree with RJ, i enjoyed Lexie most when she was embracing her Dimera side...

• Members

Glad to see consistency where Renée's concerned. In her exit interview, she said she was done with Daytime for a while and would only ever do Days. Days comes back around and she played hardball, since it was still fairly recent that she was let go. If she was convinced to come back because of the DiMera presence, I wonder if she has any contract stipulations related to stories. To sort of guarantee that she'll continue to get good, meaty stuff.

Archived